Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / question about #renderer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With reality.
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 07:29
can't really find any docs about it but i might not be a good explorer
so #renderer "Advanced"
and #rendere "Basic"

when should i use them?
do i really need to write in at the start of my app? or would the app will select the best one?
i get 60 fps on my phone and it costs only 150 $ so i am guessing my current app will work ok on most phones also i am using Tweens and FrameTime to fix the smooth issues we all know about.

so do i really need to use the Advanced if i am approaching a large amount of models? or should i keep it to Basic instead ?
its not really a huge GPU/CPU load app ... but still it makes me wonder if i should use this at all ... and what happens i don't write any #renderer at all ?
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 07:37
Oops sorry for that i thought i have the latest version installed. Downloading now the latest. it explains about Vulcan , Thank you. sorry again
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 08:25
#Renderer (which only the PDF help actually covers, weirdly) generally isn't needed.
By Default, the Renderer will check for Vulkan, and if it isn't present use OpenGL or OpenGL ES depending on the platform.

Given however that Vulkan is more-or-less just a Vulkan implementation of the OpenGL 2.0 (which itself is stripped down to only support what OpenGL ES 1.1 does) ... honestly, there isn't really much difference in whichever you use.
In fact I'd argue because of the Variant of SPIR-V they're using to convert GLSL to SPIR-V... it's actually a little more reduced functionality than in AGKv2.
At least that what I've noticed.
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 13:04
yeah sorry i am having a lot of trouble really reading documents right now.. even the idea of searching something is out of my reach at this point.
Thank you for your explanation. so basically i should not worry at at it will just use the best it can on any device.

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:49:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:49:12