Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Scrollable windows

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, not sure if its possible with this language (tier 1) - but I'd like to create 3 separate windows onscreen at the same time, be able to print to each of em - but also scroll through the contents with a scroll bar - however I cant seem to find any clues about possible commands I can use to achieve this? .. am I missing something?
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2020 18:31
No, you're not missing anything.
That sounds like a Windows GUI thing that you want but that isn't available in AGK.
You can code it yourself or look at some that others have mad available.
I have one that I use for personal projects but this lockdown has given me all the time in the world. So, I've been thinking about re-writing it to make more usable by other people. The main code is all there so it shouldn't take too long.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2020 19:43 Edited at: 11th Apr 2020 19:45
re: the 3 separate windows, i think they would have to be separate instances/apps (using native commands to talk to each other).

but, assuming Windows, now might be a good time to ask for the functionality that you're looking for here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/225975.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2020 00:48 Edited at: 12th Apr 2020 00:57
Quote: " I'd like to create 3 separate windows onscreen at the same time"

Xenophobe!!!

I have not used the command before, but could SetScissor() work for something like this?

I think I remember someone mentioning that in another thread with a similar request.

Search Scissor in the documentation for the commands, and you will see the four that are available...

SetScissor()

SetTextScissor()

SetEditBoxScissor()

SetSpriteScissor()

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Gruk
Years of Service
User Offline
Thankyou everyone, yes - its mostly for a sort of database app I'm thinking about, so its more a windows GUI type of thing I'm after rather than for games.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 04:50
yeah can be done easily. Two options. have all three files read from the same source or use multiplayer commands to communicate. as far as scrolling goes. My preferred method is storing string in an array and just altering their draw positions based on scroll wheel movement. also u can scroll a sprite.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:22:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:22:30