Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / win10 screen recorder not working?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 09:38
Downloaded the 2 latest studio updates except the latest.
But noticed that my favorit screen recorder for game videos of my projects no longer work in agk studio or classic?
Have something changed with overlays and such in windows versions?
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 13:24
Not to my knowledge... but it could be that said Screen Recorders were using Deprecated approaches that have potentially been removed in recent Windows 10 Updates and/or Graphics Drivers.
Now personally speaking, I use AMD Stream (ReLive) for recording Desktop or Games and I know that NVIDIA have a similar technology called Shadow Play.

You also have the Xbox DVR built-in to Windows 10, which while less Feature Rich than the Driver Software Options... does still produce good quality output for the file sizes.
Then of course there is OBS, which while is perhaps better known for it's Streaming Capabilities., is actually a Fully Featured Broadcast and Record Studio (not to mention Free & Open Source) that in some ways is actually better than some Professional Solutions (such-as Avid Screen Capture)

All of which I know work just fine with AppGameKit (Standard and Studio).
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 13:42
I use the built in recorder in windows 10 that no longer works?
Its the Xbox dvr.
I always get a recording fail on the latest agk versions except the latest i havent tested so far.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 14:03
It should work fine...
Have to leave for work soon, but I'll do some tests when I get home.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 23:25
I pretty much are forced to run fullscreen and select Xbox gamecenter in the windows menua and then it works
I pretty much have to do everything in reverse to make it work now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:02:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:02:03