Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DarkBasic Open Source Binary : Trouble using the World1 example.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2020 16:00 Edited at: 28th Apr 2020 16:39
Hi all, and glad this forum is still up

I was wondering if there is a complication involved with the current binary of DarkBASIC. One of the issues I've been having is when loading up the world1-dba example. I get a line 17 error saying that I cannot compile the example because it's can't find the command or the file it's looking for. Here's what I mean
https://i.imgur.com/fuyY9VF.png

I have to preface as well I am loading DarkBASIC Professional from a different drive that's NOT the C: Drive, would that be a problem, and if so, where do I place the DarkBASIC Program itself into the C: drive?

Thanks again
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2020 08:26
It will look in whatever directory your Project File (.dbp) is in, that from it's perspective is the "Root" Directory unless you provide an Absolute Path.
Now if you're not using a Project File but instead just loading the .dba, then it'll use a temporary directory... in this case the User Temp., although I don't know why you've used MS Paint to try to blank it out.
It's hardly sensitive information., actually knowing WHERE the Compiler is looking can be useful for helping to debug what's going on.

You know if you open them from the Help File, they will have a Project File and Build Correctly.
Still in any case if you want to manually do it... then make a new project, copy across the source and assets... it will work just fine.
Where you put it doesn't matter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:35:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:35:01