Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Book resource files: Games & Graphics in C++ by Tony Gaddis

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2020 00:11
Hello all. I know this forum isn't frequented much. I am here to ask if anyone has the files to the book Games & Graphics in C++ 1st edition by Tony Gaddis. The site that is listed in the book, www.aw.com/gaddis no longer is hosting the files. I've also discovered that book companies now are charging money for source code files and files that are listed in the book which is theft if you ask me.

The book is well done and does a great job in getting a programmers feet wet with both c++ and the DarkGDK library. If anyone has the files, please message me here or privately and I will greatly appreciate it.
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2020 23:05 Edited at: 11th May 2020 23:17
Here it is for the second edition:
https://media.pearsoncmg.com/bc/abp/cs-resources/products/product.html#product,isbn=0133128075

You may also be interested in its resources page:
https://www.pearson.com/us/higher-education/program/Gaddis-Starting-Out-with-Games-Graphics-in-C-2nd-Edition/PGM249630.html?tab=resources
Judging what we see is the greatest blinder and self-limiter in the universe.

What we perceive is never reality. It is only a story we tell ourselves based on our current perspective, which has far more to do with our beliefs about ourselves than with anything else.
afaik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2020 00:35
The Tall Man,

Thanks for checking. The second edition doesn't use the same Libraries as the first edition. The first edition is DarkGDK and the 2nd Edition looks like it uses OpenGL. Also, the graphics and audio files require you to have an access code.

I am still on the look out. Once I find them I will post here. If anyone does have them, please let me know!
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2020 02:21
Hey looky what I just happened along on the 3TB harddrive.

Starting Out With Games And Graphics In C++
afaik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2020 02:29
WickedX,

Thank you! I knew there was someone out there crazy enough to hold onto these files all these years. I've passed them along to a friend as well so he can use them in his studies and as a backup.

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2020 20:20
You may be right, I may be crazy. When I first download these files I think I maybe compiled the first two examples. I haven't seen them since.

enjoy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:32:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:32:44