Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] How to set up Fullscreen mode in Studio?

Author
User Deleted
Posted: 2nd May 2020 00:00
I have tried following things

i commented some lines from time to time, however nothing really worked.. maybe has smth to do with
SetScissor?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 01:21
What is it doing when you run you code? When I run it is goes to full screen. But I did have to add the main loop code as what you have in the code block will flicker and end the program as there isn't anything to run. But other than that it does go full screen.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 09:35
This is a tricky one to answer...
Depending on the OS... either there is no way to set Fullscreen Borderless Window., or no way to set Fullscreen Exclusive.
And strictly speaking if you're using Vulkan; you're NEVER using Fullscreen Exclusive outside of Embedded Devices, as there is an EXT for it., but it does nothing on Desktop as it's omitted from Drivers.

pyx
User Deleted
Posted: 2nd May 2020 13:01
Dark Raven wrote: "What is it doing when you run you code? When I run it is goes to full screen. But I did have to add the main loop code as what you have in the code block will flicker and end the program as there isn't anything to run. But other than that it does go full screen."

This is the sourcefile

For me, the window only gets maximized. I tried to move taskbar to bottom (is currently on the right in Windows), however didn't work.
pyx
User Deleted
Posted: 2nd May 2020 13:06
Raven wrote: "
Depending on the OS... either there is no way to set Fullscreen Borderless Window., or no way to set Fullscreen Exclusive.
And strictly speaking if you're using Vulkan; you're NEVER using Fullscreen Exclusive outside of Embedded Devices, as there is an EXT for it., but it does nothing on Desktop as it's omitted from Drivers.
"

As far as I know Vulkan is used as standard for render-purposes in AGK:S isn't it?
However I'm using Win10 with quite recent os-version.
However I really hope this only affects mostly my computer.. in production it wouldn't be thaat professional
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried your snippet and after commenting out the scene, #include scene, stadt_setup(), stadt_symc(), the image load and sprite, and the textstrings, it worked fine for me. I created a sprite and added a text string. Worked full screen in AppGameKit classic and studio. Here is the code I used:

Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 21:00
Scene files have display function in it for some reason. It may be preventing full-screen. Its requested in the past to not have this in the scene script but has probably not been removed.
pyx
User Deleted
Posted: 2nd May 2020 23:20
JosephB wrote: "
Here is the code I used:
"

thanks for your effort. Weirdly, although this way fullscreen is working, now although syncrate is setup correctly average fps changed from 59.9 to between 49 - 56... only because of one sprite.. like I'm using a laptop not a raspberry pi or smth.
pyx
User Deleted
Posted: 2nd May 2020 23:28
Dark Raven wrote: "
Scene files have display function in it for some reason. It may be preventing full-screen.
"

This is really starting to confuse me. Is noone testing this software? In the first hours of using this program I already noticed some other faults/logical errors is it a specific engine feature or even at help section for some examples.
It really feels like the dev team is very small or smth. However, now I start to feel bad because I could decide to buy GameMaker Studio 2 instead... I think it's a way better tested software so I should move on to it, although
I really liked the approach of using very easy Basic Language for game development :/
pyx
User Deleted
Posted: 3rd May 2020 01:19
c0d3r9 wrote: "MaximizeWindow(): Maximizes the window so that it is the largest possible size in the current visible space without going full screen."

Also thought of that and commented, unfortunately didn't work (testing on windows, resolution in scene-editor is set to 1920x1080, however I need to edit some textlabels in scene through code but this seems to disable fullscreen..)
pyx
User Deleted
Posted: 3rd May 2020 01:34
c0d3r9 wrote: "Maybe fullscreen is not always needed."

i only want to create a Windows-only game in fullscreen because in some months I'd like to be ready to create & sell games.
Really need the money in the moment & also the interest is here, and wanna give my parents/sister smth back, or making them greater presents. However, a game that doesn't work to be run in fullscreen
is kinda nothing you would sell with good conscience in my opinion. paid stuff needs to be extendable or modifiable in my opinion, this even goes for the concept of window formats i guess.
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2020 02:04 Edited at: 3rd May 2020 02:06
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I can't guarantee this so don't hold this against me but before you call the scene setup function and right after you include the scene. It should look something like this.

Basically the scene creates a global variable called xxx_change_window that is defualted to 1. In the setup function it checks to see if the value is 1 and if it is it runs the display functions. If you set that variable to 0 before calling the setup function it will use your display code. See if that puts you in full screen mode.
pyx
User Deleted
Posted: 3rd May 2020 04:04
Dark Raven wrote: "Basically the scene creates a global variable called xxx_change_window that is defualted to 1. In the setup function it checks to see if the value is 1 and if it is it runs the display functions. If you set that variable to 0 before calling the setup function it will use your display code. See if that puts you in full screen mode."

Thank you very much! Wouldn't have expected such a glob variable in the generated script code. Now I see it... must have been blind in some manner.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:33:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:33:44