Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Is the HTML5 export broken?

Author
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 17:19
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I'm trying to export my game as HTML5 and the html file works if I use Microsoft Edge (although with some issues) but if I open it in Firefox I get an error that say: "Error: NetworkError for: AGKPlayer.data"
If I open it in Chrome I get an error that say: "Script error."
I get the same error if I use the default new project.

Does anyone else have issues with the HTML5 export? Any suggestion on how to fix it?
I'm using the latest version of AppGameKit Studio (2020.04.16) btw.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 20:46
see here.

in the end, despite what i marked as the solution, i started using itch.io for all HTML stuff vs setting up a server.
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 21:26
Thank you for pointing me to that thread. I don't know how I missed it.
So basically I need to upload my game to a server to make it work with HTML5? It wont work on my local machine? That doesn't seem right. Is that a bug or is there some kind of limitation with HTML5 that cause that behaviour?
Anyway, thanks for the help.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 22:32
Quote: "So basically I need to upload my game to a server"

i would say not where you could install apache on your local machine, as blink offers.

i just didn't feel like installing it/wanted to see what it would do on itch.io (my target), anyway.

Quote: "Is that a bug "

if (any?) given browser can run it on a server, i can't call it a bug. it might be a limitation of the code produced or the browser when "offline", or both, but i don't know much about either, so...
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 22:39
I'll be using itch.io as well for the moment so I'll skip the apache thing for now.
I got the game working on itch.io but it doesn't look quite the way I want it to yet but I'm not sure if that's a limitation on itch.io or with AppGameKit Studio (or an user error ). I'll figure it out eventually.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 04:56:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 04:56:39