Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP and VLOG] WizBang - The Adventures of Wizard Boris Angstrom

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2020 19:06 Edited at: 12th Jun 2020 19:18
Video logs:
1: Intro to game
2: Morphing Shader

You play the part of Boris Angstrom (name subject to change) a Wizard that lives in the Enchanted Forest. You roam the forest picking up herbs to create potions that will help you with your quest.
Although you play as a Wizard, you can create potions that will allow you to metamorphose into a Monkey, Mouse or Fish, each with their own pro's and con's.

I will be putting a vlog together with gameplay videos (starting maybe tomorrow) but for now here are some screenshots:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2020 23:04
Looking awesome. Excellent work!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2020 09:19
Episode one of the WizBang Dev-vlog:

I can't take credit of the graphics, they are available online to anyone that wants them. I commissioned the wizard but didn't go for exclusivity (to make it cheaper) so that is now available to anyone that wants it for considerably less than I paid here

Quote: "Can your game handle different aspect ratios?"

Yes, of course! I always code for different aspect ratios right from the start
Here it is in 4:3, the same as an iPad:
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 11:43
Disclaimer: I know I said I would be showing my level designer in the next video but if you have seen the first one, you'll notice that I'm having problems with recording audio. I'm working on that but for now, here's a silent one.

This is a very short video that shows off the shader I've written for when the wizard morphs into a monkey.
The main issue with it is that I'm using Spriter skeleton files for all my characters and you can't apply a shader to a skeleton file (yet?).
So, I have no choice but hide the skeleton and show a static sprite instead. Not ideal but it's my best option at the moment.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 20:53
I like it very much. I'll follow this thread to watch more details on the progress of this nice project
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 23:30
Nice
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2020 01:37
good stuff, scraggle.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2020 12:47
I like the monkey shader. Very smooth

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2020 15:08
It's actually my first shader
I've used shaders provided by others before but this is the first one I've written myself.

I followed the Unity Shader Graph Tutorial (below) and converted the idea to GLSL and added a bit of wispyness too.
It's a shame AppGameKit can't handle the HDR glowing, that would make it more visually impressive!

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking fantastic!!! Looking forward to seeing this develop into a full game!
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With reality.
Posted: 24th Jun 2020 13:24 Edited at: 24th Jun 2020 13:36
Oh! A new youtube channel to subscribe to!
It looks awesome!

edit : after watching the video. The idea is amazing. I really liked the hats on the animals!

2 suggestions.
1. The potions that you have not found yet in the bottom bar should be like question marks or something to my opinion that way you have no idea whats coming it just adds more suprise and secrecy i think.

2. You must think of a bird of some kind even like a bonus level where you fly above the tree tops should be incredible!!

The mouse is my favorite so far.
Nadav "Haliop" Rosenberg
Lets make the world great forever.
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With reality.
Posted: 30th Jun 2020 18:06
Btw i think you can fake HDR for the morphing effect with another sprite that duplicates the morph sprie+ shader only that it has to be manually blured with photoshop or something and with additive blending to it.
Nadav "Haliop" Rosenberg
Lets make the world great forever.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2020 15:29
Quote: "It's actually my first shader
I've used shaders provided by others before but this is the first one I've written myself.

I followed the Unity Shader Graph Tutorial (below) and converted the idea to GLSL and added a bit of wispyness too.
It's a shame AppGameKit can't handle the HDR glowing, that would make it more visually impressive!"

Very nice.
Thank you for the link!

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2020 05:50
Very nice work. I like the ability to transform into the monkey and the mouse each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Also very nice touching adding the wizard hat on them. lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:32:40