Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / NEW TO DARK BASIC USING WINDOWS 2000 QUESTIONS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey so I decided to buy a retro game PC and install Windows 2000, and thought hey why not get Dark Basic (I remember a friend had it when we were at school).

Waiting for the PC to arrive I've been getting to grips with the 'basics' using Windows 10 and I'm curious as to whether the open source version will work with Windows 2000 like the disc versions do, is there any major difference there?

Also I have researched all the different plugins available etc and I'm thinking that I will drown in that as I'm just learning so I'm wanting to know what the possibilities are with just vanilla dark basic pro?

Currently my plan is to create a survival type game, just simple at first, walk around etc, I'm thinking to use Matrix' for the maps as seemingly with the height setting I could program basic terraforming etc but I've read that using matrix are slow is that correct? I don't fully understand that tbh as they seem pretty low poly hah but maybe I'm missing something.

Finally I have tried mucking around with loading custom models but seemingly blender doesn't support the .x obj format so I'm getting 3DS files realatively low poly (-300 vertices etc) but only some work, while others just stop on a black screen loading... am I missing something here?

Anyway thanks for any help in advance,

Nytician.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:19:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:19:09