Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / SuperBboy updated and released. Jump and run fun!

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2020 17:30

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 23:31
Will you consider to publish it on the OUYA (Android 4.1, OpenGL ES 2.0) with game pad controller input support. The OUYA community server is online and they will get it up for new entries.
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2020 06:02 Edited at: 1st Aug 2020 06:53
Xaby, are you saying the OUYA is back again? Or did it never go away? I thought it had kind of died off some years ago.
I would be very happy if it is alive & well. I was going to buy one and right about that time the news was it was being dropped.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2020 12:53 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2020 00:50
Quote: "Would anyone be intrested if i sold the complete source code on itch io?"

Regardless of whether we would be interested, there may be people at itch who would be. (you never know until you try)

There is still a trial version of AppGameKit, right?

Something like this may be enough to get them hooked, since it covers so many aspects of platforming/scrolling.

They may not even know about the other examples of code until they get the download or make their way here, which this could lead them.

I am not personally interested, but I am sure that some, if not many, new users would be. ( in other words, I would if I were coming in new)
Quote: "

Xaby, are you saying the OUYA is back again? Or did it never go away? I thought it had kind of died off some years ago.
I would be very happy if it is alive & well. I was going to buy one and right about that time the news was it was being dropped."

Of course, I am not Xbaby, but...

I think development of the console was dropped at one point, but the users and fans remain.

Console development should be put in the public domain, since the fundraising campaign gave the impression that this would be something real and not just a temporary fulfillment of the fundraising obligation.

I thought the fundraiser was a 'kick start', not a take the money and run as they did.

I have not kept up with it though as my interests were lost along with their sincerity, so things may have changed since then. (my console is packed away and the box is collecting dust)

Threats of a class action law suit may prompt them to turn development over to the fans as public domain, but again I have not kept up since I got so pissed off that I was tempted with evil thoughts.

According to wiki their goal was $950,000, and ..."the Kickstarter campaign finished on August 9 [2012] with $8,596,475 at 904% of their goal."

Then, Alibaba invested $10 million, yet ..."In April 2015, it was revealed that Ouya was trying to sell the company because it failed to renegotiate its debt. On July 27, 2015, it was announced that Razer Inc. had acquired Ouya's employees and content library and that Ouya hardware was now discontinued. "

Debt? how can you have debt when you started with over 900% of what you asked for and then raised another 1,000 % in investments?

In my eyes, this was just another corporate scam ('pump and dump') on the public leaving the fans feeling like the population boom means that there are ten suckers born every minute these days. (yes I was one of them - live and learn)

I should dig it back out, because the concept was sound and the community it seems has not died, yet.

I would rather develop for OUYA than for Google's platform, just to support someone other than the Android monopoly .

Aside from all of that... Nice work here Cliff.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 20:52
Hi everyone.
Iam not coding so much because i have started to date a very nice russian girl here in sweden and i drive 10 miles every time we see each other
But i will keep any suggestions in mind when i grabb the keys again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:03:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:03:09