Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / #renderer "None" any Solve ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2020 19:56
Hi all user of AGKs .
I make a 2D car game for my customer its a multiplayer game and I use a online server (not talking about php or html )
its a core multiplayer game where 6 player connected and play .

problems is I use #renderer "None" to run my application on that server because that is vps so no dedicated graphics

and because I use #renderer "None" so my application running and working well . but not shows any interface .

any one can help me how to control that invisible app ? like close , or restart, or open on another port , etc
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
The most practical and effective way is generally to control the app by communicating to it on an open port it is listening to. Once you have coded your server program to receive and process such directives, have the server program start and automatically open a hosting session on all required ports and protocols you need, including a separate one for giving directives to it (if desired, or just communicate on an existing open port). Then connect to it from another app with the UI/controls you want and send the commands you establish for close, restart, or open.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2020 22:59 Edited at: 4th Jun 2020 23:00
Here is an example (See attached)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2020 10:46
Thanks both of you for give me idea .