Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / re: Updates and the Survey Feedback

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2020 04:26
From the newsletter:
Quote: "Some users prefer to remain on AppGameKit Classic because AppGameKit Studio doesn't suit their needs. It's therefore important for us to address these issues before venturing into new areas."

As someone who has temporarily shelved AGKS for the time being and went back to AppGameKit 2, this was great news to read.
Thank you for the continued updates and for letting the community know that they are being heard.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2020 15:48
I still have no clue what the point of studio is, other than to make my buy something again.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2020 12:43
I agree with both of the above really. For me personally, studio is a step backwards and didnt add any real useful functionality plus I dont like the studio IDE.

I still prefer classic by a long way.
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2020 12:17
Quote: "I wish i could use the classic ide with the studio engine.(i like vulkan)"

You can do that
Just put the studio interpreter in the classic interpreter directory. (Studio interpreter can run classic bytecode)

I'm not a huge fan of the new vulkan renderer really. The changes to depth buffer cause bugs & shaders that were working fine previously in classic not working in studio. Other issues with rendering not being correct. There are examples posted on the forums where people are resorting to using #renderer basic to get around the problems.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
No cubemap support in a brand new product is a real head-scratcher. Or have I missed this essential update?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:23:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:23:26