Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] How can I click on a sprite through the transparency of another sprite

Author
User Offline
Hi, Can anyone tell me please how I can click (Pointer) on a sprite behind another sprite that has a transparent section. Eg A sprite has a transparent hole in it, the sprites depth is say 100. Another sprite is at a depth of say 200 and can be seen through the hole of the first sprite. I want to click on the second sprite, through the hole in the first sprite. Currently all I get returned is the first sprites ID.

Thank you Guru's

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2020 19:18
when 1st sprite return its id that time change those sprite depths but set transparency same then your desire sprite come up and it can be use as you want . May be some one can give better solution -)
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2020 19:30 Edited at: 10th Jun 2020 19:30
Maybe detect the pixel data of the picked sprite?
Regards Sph!nx
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 11th Jun 2020 01:40
You could set a sprite shape for each sprite
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 13:59
Place the sprites you want to be able to click in another sprite group. Actually I done this and I believe I placed the sprites I don't want to be clickable in another group.

Look into these commands:

SetSpriteGroup
GetSpriteHitGroup

Good luck
Parry
Counterparry
DarkDIRE RPG a roguelike game build with AppGameKit Tier 2
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 14:10 Edited at: 12th Jun 2020 14:12
You can use sprite groups or sprite categories for this. This means you can pick sprites underneath others easily.

You can also use these (sprite groups and spite categories)to make a function that gives you a depth ordered list (array) of all the sprites under an x,y coord.

Ive a function thst checks the pixel transparency of the top sprite and if its below a threshold then try the sprite behind it and so on... This allows you to pick a sprite based on pixel alpha colour at an x,y coordinate.
Orion5
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2020 10:40 Edited at: 15th Jun 2020 11:00
Hi everyone, thanks for the responses. Still having trouble guys! I have set different groups for the top sprite and the sprites behind the top sprite which I can see through the transparency of the top one. When I click on the transparent area of the top sprite all I get returned is the top sprites Group. I think Bengismo has the answer but need a little help with the code to test lower sprite Depths?

Ta muchly guys. (Producing a Digital Signage Solution which is nearly there so will show demo when this is fixed)
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2020 12:00 Edited at: 15th Jun 2020 15:23
EDIT: Removed un-required solution

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Orion5
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Many thanks again! I have manage to get the result I need by using GetSpriteHitTest returning a 1 if the pointer is over the sprite being tested. As the sprites I need to detect are in an array it is a relatively simple matter of checking each sprite in the array and hey ho I can find the Sprite ID from the array, works great so far as my detection need is fairly simply.

Project moving on nicely, see screenshot...

Many thanks

oliverwright
User Offline
good

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2020-08-04 03:22:43
Your offset time is: 2020-08-04 03:22:43