Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Particle Editor - Zero Active Objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2020 20:59 Edited at: 11th Jun 2020 23:50
I'm playing around with the particle editor and can get a simple demo working in its own project, but I'm trying to shoe-horn it into something existing and can't seem to get any Active Objects at all. Question is if anyone has noticed a conflict I could look for?

My existing program has multiple screens and levels, I've gone so far as to comment out all other file includes and calls to subroutines - its as stripped down as possible, should be just showing a black screen with a particle beam and the number of active objects - but there are a lot of other files and assets in the project. Could anything existing cause conflicts with bringing a particle in using the inc_gpup.agc commands?

Thanks!

Edit - got my Active Objects going. They don'y appear correctly but I'll keep plugging away.
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 01:29
Ongoing error with loading particles into an existing project: Screenshots of what it looks like when added to existing project vs a standalone project. In this example I set up a blank level in my existing with a 2x2 cube and the alien_plasma particle placed in the exact same positions as the standalone project version. Looks to be maybe a dozen particles in the error version? Same physics world, screen resolutions, sync rates, effects folders are identical, ... what else can be a factor here I wonder?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:43:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:43:57