Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] keeping sprites from overlapping at player location

Author
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jun 2020 21:31 Edited at: 13th Jun 2020 22:49
i have a player sprite and a large number of enemies that eventually reach the players location. i have them set to increase or decrease their y and x positions till the reach the player. my problem is eventually they all bunch up directly in from of the player looking like one jumbled mess. what methods do people use to keep none player controlled sprite from over lapping? ive included my project, excuse the mess but im trying to do it with asking as little questions as possible. I know I could make small dummies sprite at their feet but I didn't know if the was an easier way with doubling my sprite number

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2020 00:28
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
i would use the "dummy sprites at their feet" idea. and, make sure they aren't overlapping other aliens when you spawn them. with what you're doing, the number of sprites isn't an issue.
merkzilla
User Banned
Posted: 18th Jun 2020 03:38
so for anyone who come across this what ive done is set the spritephysics to 2 on all my enemy "dummy" sprites that ive placed invisible at their feet and its kept them from mashing together .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:16:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:16:25