Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Make Windows in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
exist some way to make my own windows and stair models? i use model maker but its only for doors, and segments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2020 21:42
Homegames Your going to have to learn how to do some basic modeling. That is the best way. It's not that hard.
Grab a copy of Fragmotion or Milkshape. Here is a link to a basic modeling tutorial in Milkshape to help you along.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/188232
If you can make a "mailbox" then making your own windows or stairs is not much harder At least try!
If you get in a jam post a question for some help.
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
Homegamesindie
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks man, i actually use sketchup for modelling, i have some stairs but dont works like stair, how i can make stair segments or sindows like segments i have the models already
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2020 04:41 Edited at: 17th Jun 2020 04:41
The easiest way to make a window is to take an existing .fps file and change it to fit your needs. First thing to do is line everything up in whatever modeling program you use. For example if you want to have a round/circle window, import the .x models that is similar to your new window model and make sure that the glass, frame and csg are in line with the old models. When I say in line, I mean that the model's origin is in the same place. If everything is good then export your new window models and change the .fps file. Also the new glass needs to be an entity so you will need to make a .fpe file or use the entity maker in the tools section.

You can do this with almost any gameobject in fpsc, including weapons. It's how we use to do it before entity workshop and others made it easier. Also one last thing, in your C:\\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Docs folder, you will find a pdf file that says ocfpsguide. Starting on page 230, is a tutorial by Gamer X about how to make a window segment.

Enjoy!
Homegamesindie
Years of Service
User Offline
starmind 001 thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:47:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:47:30