Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Sign in with Apple ID

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2020 08:19 Edited at: 10th Jul 2020 08:20
My app is being rejected by Apple because I offer users the ability to sign in with Discord and Twitter but don't let people sign in with Apple ID. They're also rejecting it because they say I send people to Safari to create a new account with my app or to log in with my app, which isn't true at all. They only go to Safari if they are logging in with Discord or Twitter because those log ins are using 3rd party web API's.

The issue I have here is that even if I figured out how to set up and add sign in with Apple ID, I'm only going to be able to do it as if they are signing in to a website with their Apple ID, so take them to Safari which Apple will reject. This is because AppGameKit at the moment doesn't have the ability to sign in with Apple ID, just Facebook.

Has anyone created an AppGameKit app/game where you're letting people sign in with their Apple ID, and if so would you be able to offer some tips/pointers on how to do this please?

I'm getting slightly concerned now that I've reached the end of AppGameKit with iOS and that I'm either no longer going to be able to support my app with iOS or I'm going to have to consider an alternative to AGK.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2020 16:12
I had trouble getting this to work. I used the sign in with apple on your website option which signed in without any errors but I couldn't get any data back from Apple containing the user data. The post fields were empty.

I know this isn't a place to ask for support on PHP stuff and using the Apple sign in to website stuff, but I think it should probably be addressed by TGC.

Here's why... AppGameKit has simple commands to log in to Facebook, but Apple will no longer accept app submissions if you have other social log ins and not theirs. It's now mandatory. This means AppGameKit really needs a simple way to log in with Apple otherwise you can't use the AppGameKit log in with Facebook functions.

I had to remove log in with Discord and Twitter from my app for iOS (left it in for Android) and since I did that Apple accepted my app update.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 23:15:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 23:15:27