Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / updating an app on google play

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an app on Google Play named "Killah Zombies" on the Google Play Store and I have just recently modified some things. I exported the .apk but I have no idea how to update the app. I have read the instructions on Google Play but I am totally confused. I would appreciate it if anyone who has some type of experience with updating their app, can shed some light on the topic.
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
Alrighty then!!!
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2020 23:25 Edited at: 13th Jul 2020 23:29
Its pretty easy.... ensure you apk is signed (use your keystore file used to create the app in the first place) and ensure the version is updated then create a new release on google play developer console...upload the apk..... All done!

https://customersupport.doubledutch.me/hc/en-us/articles/360001395033-Android-How-to-Update-an-App-in-the-Google-Play-Developer-Console

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/113476?hl=en-GB
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! I kind of was thinking that.. but the process of getting the first one up there, I didnt want to mess anything up but thanks a bunch!! Im going to try it in 15 minutes
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Once you have login to Google Play Developer console, click:
All aplication --> Killah Zombie --> Release Management --> App Releases ---> Create Release

Then upload yout new .apk, write in your update notes, update number, ect.
Also, while exporting .apk from AppGameKit, your 'version number' must be higher than the previous uploaded .apk version number.
You also need to have the same keystore file and password as the first .apk that you uploaded to Gogle Play

Then, save, review your rollout, then finish it. Then wait around 1 day for the new update to be reviewed and released by Google.

APK update is separate from your Google Play 'Store Presence' update.
Google Play store lsitings need to be updated if you want to upload new screenshot, new description, ect.
APK update is just the software. Store Presence will affect how people see your app page in Google Play store.
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks BITBITBIT Ill try later today!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:47:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:47:46