Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Computer now showing same as phone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2020 20:51 Edited at: 19th Jul 2020 20:54
I'm working on a mobile game. I wrote some functions to load all my images/sprites, buttons and text. Everything starts out not visible. When the user selects a function from the main menu, like looking at the game instructions, it enables the assets I want to use for that section. For example when the user selects the instructions, I clear all my assets and activate the ones I want to activate. When the user is done, they exit and it clears all assets and goes back to the main menu. That code does the same thing, it activates what I need on the main menu and waits for the user to select an input.

Here's my problem. When I run this on my computer, my assets don't clear, they still show up and it looks like something is wrong. When I broadcast to my phone, it works perfectly. There seems to be a sync issue when executing locally. Has anyone ever had this issue? I tried changing the framerate and had no luck. Any other suggestions?

Also, I normally don't allow resizing (because it's a mobile game), but I turned it on to test. If I resize the screen, it refreshes and then clears the images, buttons and text that should not be there. So, is there a way to force a screen refresh? I tried clearscreen but again did not have any luck.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2020 11:55
are you using sync() or doing it manually? are you using any form of image capture/creation in AppGameKit? can you reproduce it with a small example that we can try? is it only on 1 PC and can you test with another?
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
I copied the project and stripped out all the extra stuff not needed. It only seems to happen when I am working on my laptop. When I am on my office desktop, it works fine. If I go into the "How to" section, I can scroll through the images just fine. When I click on the "Done" button, it should clear all images and buttons and go back to the main menu. When I do this on my laptop, the images and buttons don't clear and I get an image with everything showing (that was previously showing). I made the screen re-sizable. If I click an edge and drag it, it immediately corrects itself and the extra images are gone. I uploaded the example project and a snapshot of the screen from my laptop.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:29:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:29:42