Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AppGameKit Studio Version 2020.07.28

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2020 23:26
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC Products area with the following changes

* Fixed a crash when running a Spriter animation that had a different number of keyframes per varying value
* Spriter image pivots can now be animated
* Spriter animations now support negative scales
* Spriter files no longer need to have the same bone structure across all their animations
* Numerous other small fixes to improve Spriter support
* Added SetSpriteBlendModes to set the blend modes manually when using transparency mode 3
* Fixed SetObjectMeshImage failing to remove the image if the image ID is set to 0
* Fixed SetSpriteScissor causing the sprite to not draw if the scissor values were greater than the virtual resolution
* Calling the Mod command with a divisor of 0 will now return 0
* Added missing libMoltenVKiOS.a and libMoltenVKMac.a to Mac Tier 2 files
* Fixed auto-generated tangents being incorrect on triangles with a normal equal to -1 in the Y direction
* Fixed occasional glitches in iOS apps when using MoltenVK
* Updated Snapchat SDK on Android to version 1.4.4
* Updated Firebase SDK on Android to version 17.4.4
* Fixed apps being rejected by Apple due to a newly deprecated API
* IDE: Fixed Sometimes Ctrl+tab failed to switch tabs
* IDE: Fixed New projects are now shown in the recent projects menu
* IDE: Added bookmarks work across all files of a project
* IDE: Fixed bug when toggle bookmark was used, bookmarks could move position
* IDE: Added Bracket highlighting, if you click next to one it will now highlight the partner bracket
* IDE: Added "Clear all boookmarks" now works on all project files
* IDE: Fixed Search and replace issue. If you searched for ")" it would causes multiple weird changes
* IDE: Fixed Search and replace # with nothing crashed the editor
* IDE: Fixed Code folding issue to do with colon characters
* IDE: Added IDE window now regains the focus after running an app
* IDE: Fixed Keyboard navigation improved. Ctrl+End / Ctrl+Shift+End behaviour fixed and other highlighting behaviours fine tuned.
* IDE: Fixed If line numbers are off, break points overlap folding icons
* IDE: Added Improve navigation of the help (when you come back out it didn't remember your scroll position)
* IDE: Debugger now has a flag to turn on and off break points without having to remove them
* IDE: Fixed Dragging and dropping a folder disappears from the asset browser Bookmarks have been moved from the same position as breakpoints (a bit larger), so they dont overlap code folding symbols
* IDE: Fixed Exporting to iOS does not compile the latest script
* IDE: Fixed Exporting an APK on Android can cause the IDE to lock up. This can happen frequently

Let me know if you have any problems
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2020 09:09
thanks Paul, some nice additions/updates/fixes.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2020 11:15 Edited at: 28th Jul 2020 14:46
Thank you for the updates. I hope further updates in the future will still continue, at least for compatibility updates with Google Play /IOS and bug fix, even if no new feature is added for AppGameKit Classic.

On another note, it it possible for documentations/help file for AppGameKit 3D Physic commands to mention the default values for the commands?
For example, in SetObject3DPhysicFriction() command page, no default friction values were stated. This will slightly confuse the user on what range of values should be specified for the commands. Although we can guess they are in the range of 0.5 (for half), and 2.0 (for double friction), but the abscence of solid documentation makes it sometimes difficult to be sure.

Thanks again.
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "IDE: Added Bracket highlighting, if you click next to one it will now highlight the partner bracket"

Thankyou!!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2020 01:50
Thank you very much. Nice work.
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2020 17:37
Thank a lot!
Regards Sph!nx
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2020 18:50
Nice to see an update, but my project still crashes when compiling causing the IDE to close after an uncaught exception. I can't update my project until I can compile again.

13/0
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2020 08:14
@Cybermind can you send me a zip of your project so we can investigate it? Send a link to a download to me at rick@thegamecreators.com
Development Director
TGC Team
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2020 10:49
The available options for the 'search' operation in Studio are very basic. For example, I cannot search whole words only.
There is also a very annoying bug of the F11 key while debuging. It is by default 'step over' but it functions as 'step through' in first time
Some times I catch the editor unable to follow my typing speed.
Personally, I think that TGC has made an unsucefull step with studio so far and I hope that the future updates will direct the product development to the right direction.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2020 11:01
@RickV I've sent you a link for the project Classic also fails to compile my crappy code btw
13/0
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 08:23
Latest AppGameKit Studio build still crashes on iOS when the app is fully closed and a user taps on a local notification. I haven't tried a push notification yet but this was a bug in one of the previous builds. I think it was the last.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
JeZxLee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2020 08:08 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2020 21:06
Hi,

We have been away from AppGameKit developement for a long time.
We noticed a small typo in one of our AppGameKit games.
We updated our AppGameKit via Valve's Steam game client.

We fixed the typo in the game and built both Android and HTML5 versions.
We tested Android version on two different devices but there is a bad issue:
When we run our AppGameKit game on Android devices, there is a 15+ second delay where the screen is black?
(on cold start on Android a black screen is displayed for over 15 seconds before the actual game starts)

We made one change to the project to correct the typo.
The project was last built in 100% working order on Android.
Something bad has changed in AppGameKit when building for Android?

Please advise, we would like to update the game on Google Play but can't...

Jesse

EDIT # 1:
Game is open-source on GitHub below:
https://github.com/FallenAngelSoftware/AppGameKit2-SpaceSwap
JeZxLee
Fallen Angel Software
Video Game Design Studio
http://www.FallenAngelSoftware.com
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2020 15:37 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2020 15:38
Just a short update on my issue, TGC found my issue and it will be corrected at some point! Until then, I know what to look out for (unmatched IF statements before a RETURN statement). Thank you TGC
13/0
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2020 19:39
SHIFT+CTRL+Up/Down >> move line/selected lines not working.

SHIFT+ALT to select columns, not working!

Click+Drag selected text to move, Click+Drag+CTRL copy selected text not working.

There is an undo issue CTRL+D / CTRL+Z when cursor is not at beginning of the line.

There is also an undo issue when undoing a AC entry, the position is set -1 were it should be and whole remaining word is selected, this seems rather odd.

Operators are styled as Identifiers ..... lazy lexer implementation!

Also, adding an asset folder to the media folder and clicking refresh STILL not working, have to restart AGK:S to see the added folder.

Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2020 17:03 Edited at: 12th Aug 2020 13:39
Hello Paul. Just wanted to know AppGameKit Dev plan regarding Google Play game packages.
I have just read some important notice by Google:

Important: In the second half of 2021, new apps will be required to publish with the Android App Bundle on Google Play. New apps larger than 150 MB must use either Play Feature Delivery or Play Asset Delivery.
https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/launch/launch-checklist

How will we do this using AppGameKit? How do we implement the Android App Bundle, and Play Asset Delivery? Even now, Google Play Console is prompting us to use Android App Bundle.
If this is not sorted out soon, I Imagine a lot of app published with AppGameKit will be rendered obsolete soon, and prevent updates with anything exported with AGK.

Thank you for your attention.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2020 06:07 Edited at: 12th Aug 2020 06:08
Thank you, Paul!

Quote: "* Added SetSpriteBlendModes to set the blend modes manually when using transparency mode 3"

This is something I had wished for a long time. I wonder if some combination of these parameters can also help resolve the age-old issue of using DrawSprite and RenderImages to paint, where there is typically a dark outline seen due to the black clear screen of the render image background (illustrated in https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/218867 from years back).
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2020 21:52
When i broadcast and the app executes an "end" statement i get the following error (I don't use any of the camera commands, i do use rendertoimage)
Error:Failed to set device camera to image, app does not have permission to access the camera, use RequestPermission first in main.agc at line 205

I'm not sure if it's crashing the app or not

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:42:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:42:59