Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / HTTP request on Windows VS Android ~ https?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2020 16:49 Edited at: 4th Aug 2020 16:57
I am working on a program that requests XML from weather.gov (United States)
It works great on Windows but I get, "Request Denied", when I run on Android.
I have this issue whether requesting HTML, RSS or XML.
I looked around the Web and the only issue I can find is that weather.gov denies requests that are not https requests.

I've tried opening with a various numbers on iSecure when using SetHTTPHost but that doesn't resolve the issue.

Or is there something I'm not doing that I should be doing? I.E., Windows accepts errors in the request and Android doesn't?

What is the difference between this request on Windows and Android?

Is there a known fix?

Even a clue with be helpful.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2020 18:33
use 1

SetHTTPHost( iHTTP, szHost, iSecure )

use >>>> iSecure = 1
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2020 20:25 Edited at: 4th Aug 2020 20:57
@TamBam ~ Unfortunately I've tried 1 and a bunch of other numbers, including negative numbers, for the iSecure variable and nothing has worked.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 13:07
Has anyone used AddHTTPHeader? I think that may be the answer. I cannot determine where the AddHTTPHeader and RemoveHTTPHeader would go in the code.

It appears that anything I put in the fields has no effect on the results. Also, it seems that there is a myriad of possibilities for what you can put in the headerName and headerValue.

AddHTTPHeader( iHTTP, headerName, headerValue )

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 13:20
I've also used GetHTTPFile instead of GetHTTPResponse with no effect in the results. Both work on Windows and don't work on Android.
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
I would want to see what Fiddler says before anything. Outdated TLS not accepting DHE on the client is one possibility. I ran into a bunch of issues with an enterprise using outdated Android libraries that used HTTP 1.1 and nothing newer. In that case, it was Windows Server 2016 being too new while our 2008 server accepted it just fine.

Long story short, don't play with the headers unless you already have an intuition, otherwise you'll just waste time. Fiddler it before anything. That will determine if you need Wireshark or to go back to the app source code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 19:38:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 19:38:05