Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / "OpenRawFolder" does not work on Android.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2020 18:08 Edited at: 7th Aug 2020 19:40
I have a program that uses "SetRawWritePath" since it is a photo printing program and you need to search for photos on the phone (the command "ShowChooseImageScreen" does not work since it only loads the photos one at a time). Now "SetRawWritePath" has been removed and alternatively they tell you to use "OpenRawFolder" but it doesn't work.
If we use it from AppGameKit Player on some phones, it works, but when compiling it stops working. "OpenRawFolder" does not work and consequently none of the "Directory Raw" commands.
I put a simple code so you can check the error.
If you want to try the Android printing program, you can find it on the Play Store and it's called "Kiosco Imafoto", in case you're curious.
code to test

Remember that it works from the program to check android "AGK Player", when it does not work is when compiling it.

I need to know if anyone has gotten these commands to work on Android and how they did it.
If you have the same problem, please say so here to see if we can get it checked and fixed. Thanks in advance to everyone

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2020 08:52
In your APK export options, have you checked "Write External Storage"?

This enables "raw:" commands on Android

Quote: "Used for camera capture images, shared variables and "raw:" file access."
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
Like I said, I have a printing program running, it would be hard for it to work if I didn't enable that option. I've seen the bug reports and they've already reported the bug directly there, but since they say it's better to put it here so everyone can test it, I've decided to put it and a little code that can be used to check if the same thing happens to everyone.
Thanks for the comment PartTimeCoder, greetings.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello blink0k, yes, the error is that, but I have done more tests and it fails in all android, or at least in android 5.1 / 6/9/10 which is where I have tested it. More curious still, there are devices on which it works, but if you run it from AppGameKit Player, after compiling it it stops working, that happens for example in a Oneplus 7 pro where it works but when compiling it, no longer, in a Xiaomi a3 it does not work never ...
In old versions of AppGameKit I used "SetRawWritePath" and everything worked, but old versions can no longer be published in the Play Store, so it is not an option to continue using them.
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, after many tests, the solution is to upload the apk to the google store and when you download it from there it works. It doesn't work if you create the apk on your PC and transfer it directly to your mobile.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
hello blink0k, if you don't activate it, you can't directly install the application from the pc or from any other site other than the google store, here the problem is another.
Perhaps I have not explained myself clearly enough, it is about being able to read files outside the predefined path of the application.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:48:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:48:10