Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] Screen resolution on AGK demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2020 15:38 Edited at: 18th Sep 2020 17:01
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi everyone,
[Solved it!] - I needed to supply a background image to see the actual size of my virtual screen inside my actual window.

I'm new to AppGameKit and am looking to get back into amateur game making (been a long time since I used Blitz3D) and found AppGameKit recently. So far enjoying the friendliness and am currently running the demos of AppGameKit classic and Studio and following some tutorials.

I just encountered my first problem. Does anyone know if the demo restricts you from changing screen resolution? It doesn't change no matter what value I set.

Also, I am 99.9% sure I'm going to buy this product but I just wanted to be certain this isn't a bug.

Cheers,
Paxi

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Lupo4mica37
Years of Service
User Offline
You have two commands at the beginning of the code:

SetWindowSize( width, height, fullscreen )

SetVirtualResolution( iWidth, iHeight )

From what I understand, SetWindowSize only is concerned with desktop/laptop computers (PC/Mac) that can display windows and this command works with fullscreen=0 (OFF) and sets the size of the window to display the application. When fullscreen=1 (ON) setting the window size will not have any effect on the fullscreen mode display.

SetVirtualResolution sets the actual resolution to display, however you could set it to in pixels 1920 x 10 and still see more or less half of the height of the screen. If you was to set it to 1920 x 10000, then you would see 10000 height.

To change the resolution use SetVirtualResolution() command.
????????
Paxi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the breakdown Lupo!
I will play around with that. I went ahead and bought Classic AppGameKit and can now use Broadcast as well. Very cool feature!
Lupo4mica37
Years of Service
User Offline
You are welcome.
????????

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 20:14:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 20:14:22