Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How to get real 3D coordinates after FixObjectPivot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an object that is moved on X axis. After that I applied FixObjectPivot so I can do rotation of that object like it's spinning around center. Now since object axis are reset to the center (0,0,0) but physically is all over the place, how can I track real object coordinates - GetObject and GetObjectWorld are giving 0 values beause of FixObjectPivot
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2020 23:01 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2020 23:41
You can do that in one of two ways
1) You can get the "actual" center of the object using a combination of object position and mesh bounds (Note this will not work if the object is scaled, it will work if it's scaled permanent)
GetObjectMeshSizeMin/Max/X/Y/Z()
2) When you first load the object and it is at (0,0,0). You can create an object and use FixObjectToObject() to attach it to your object. The you can use GetWorld/X/Y/Z() to get the position of the object you attached which will be the center of your object
psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! FixObjectToObject does the job

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:51:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:51:42