Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / The demos are very slow...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 18:36
Greetings.
Where can I find the system requirements for DBPro? So far all of my attempts to locate them on this site have failed. The reason I need them is that the demos are running extremely slow, and that's not good... I'd like to get DBPro, but that probably wouldn't be very smart if the demos aren't wanting to cooperate. Here's some system info, for anyone who thinks they may have a solution:
WinXP Home
PentiumIII 1ghz
256mb RAM
Oh and I know exactly nothing about video cards. (Do I have one? How do I tell what I have? Is it the same thing as a display adapter?...) Any help here would be appreciated...
I'm not as think as you confused I am!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 19:25
Hmmm... you video card probably isn't up to much.

What OS do you have?

If you have Windows 95/98/ME then right-click on My Computer and select properties. Then select the Device Manager tab. Look down the list until you find "Display Adapters" or similar. Click the "+" sign next to it and tell me what hardware it lists under Display Adapters.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 19:41
The demos are oddly slow on my system too-- you know the Spacecraft one? I get 2 fps... but there was this other demo (I can't say anything more ) With a 20,000 poly model and spheremapping, and I got 20-some FPS.

--Mouse
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 20:16
A lot really depends on what video card/diplay adapter you have in your pc. A PentiumIII 1ghz with 256mb RAM should be getting pretty good results. It must be your graphics card.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 21:06
It's gotta be the graphics card... unless you got a whole bunch of stuff running in the background but... you better find out what your 3D card is first.

thundermonkey- he said in his post he has winXP home

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:55:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:55:24