Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Splatter Race (working title!) WIP could use some testers.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2020 18:27 Edited at: 8th Nov 2020 20:05

Evening all. Finally getting towards something like a complete game. It still needs a fair bit of polish and tracks etc, but it's playable.

Essentially it's a tilt-to-steer android game. Splattering the bad guys gives you boost, and the car is upgradeable in various ways.

I'd be really interested in having people try it out as I'm not sure how intuitive the steering is... I find it easy to whiz around at top speed.. but then I would I guess!.. not sure whether I need to code in a tutorial. Essentially if you 'dip' the sides of your phone gently rather than rotating it, it all works nicely.

If anyone does fancy giving it a go, the apk file is attached.. it's not signed as yet so phone will need to be in developer mode. I promise there's no nasties! Game is playable on windows, but the whole tilt thing is the essence of the game.

Edit: Seems to be a bug if you play track 3 after playing previous tracks...must be a variable I forgot to reset. But if you come out of the game and go back in all is OK. Progress is saved.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2020 01:17
i gave it a few runs, was (accurately) declared a "loser" with regard to tilt-to-steer games, but can see getting used to it over time.

a sound indicator would help me with the controls (tire screech that increases with over-steering?)

otherwise, "works as intended". nice one
[My Itch.io Home] [#LowRezJamAGK2020]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
Richard Stevens
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry about the loser.. there's a lot of 'placeholders' -.

Thanks for giving it a whirl. The tracks aren't named yet but start from the top left for the easiest to bottom right for hardest, and get progressively more difficult along the way.

I've been chucking a few sounds in today & got the track bug fixed so will give in an update in the next few days when I've got a bit more progress.

Was thinking of theming it 'escape from the whitehouse'. with Trump as the driver with Pence as the co-driver, shotgunning the blue-haired zombies, but I'll sleep on that one.
Richard Stevens
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2020 22:57 Edited at: 12th Nov 2020 22:58
Update: newer version with hopefully the track bugs fixed & a few more sound effects on original link.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:15:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:15:51