Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / ChastiKey - Code Now Open Source

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2020 08:57 Edited at: 19th Nov 2020 09:11
I have just released the app and server code on GitHub for an app that I developed in AppGameKit called ChastiKey. I have been running and maintaining the app for 4 years now and it was the reason why I built the OryUI framework.

There are a number of reasons why I decided to release the code which I have discussed with the apps community, but I thought I'd also share the code here in case someone found any of it useful. I occasionally see questions here on how to have an app communicate with a server and database with PHP/MySQL, so maybe this code will help a little.

Word of warning, the app uses OryUI really heavily, including the HTTPS Queueing system I built. If you were interested with OryUI and wasn't 100% sure how to use the framework then this app pretty much uses it all.

In the app and server code I have removed blocks of code that authenticates the data, and verifies who is sending the data to the server. I did this because a lot of the encryption methods and authentication methods I used were homegrown. I didn't want to risk exposing exploits that could be used to attack the server, as I will most likely be running the app for another year before alternative versions are built by the apps community.

I'm not sharing here in the hope that someone will take it on. I'm posting here, in case anything from it is useful.

Based on the GitHub name you will now probably understand what ChastiKey is about

https://github.com/KevinCrossDCL/ChastityApp

You can see some screenshots for the app and OryUI in a post I made last year: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/225422

Hope it is useful!

Disclaimer:
I haven't tested this on a new server and with a new domain, so I may have broken something when modifying the code for public release. If so, it shouldn't be hard to fix. Happy to help if needed.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2020 20:15
Nice. Thanks for that
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Kevin... I know how much time you spend on this project... really good hearted from you....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:43:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:43:26