Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] creating an executable I can distribute

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2020 16:28
Very new to AppGameKit, but made a test project which compiled successfully to window as an executable I believe I could distribute to a third party - the executable runs as I would expect on my own laptop, but when run on the third party they get a logo waiting for broadcast information, whatever that is ? How please do I make a windows executable I can distribute please ?

Thanks.

Ian

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

IanDunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2020 17:06
Was hoping to use appgamekit to make some small simulation models, but sent a compiled .exe to my main client for demo. purposes, to see if he would buy into the idea.. now causing heartache with an unexpected screen about downloading which I now believe has scared the person off.. why isn't any of the instructions in the documentation about distributing windows executables under the help - distribution.. ? Reading the thread, as only place that seems to mention it, the media folder needs to be included with the actually executable - shame the help documentation didn't mention it beforehand. The whole purpose of me getting appgamekit might now have just gone up in smoke.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2020 17:44
I've not created an exe as I work with mobile but don't give up too quickly. You may find more dekstop developers here than mobile. It's definitely something you can do with AppGameKit and many do.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
IanDunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2020 18:06
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Thanks Kevin.. I found the answer here - https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216614 I am just puzzled why it doesn't include it in the main documentation, as kind of important for windows users ? I guess I should have tested the executable I generated on another laptop first before sending it to a wannabe client for marketing purposes.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2020 19:19
copy both exe and media folder tougether and past to another pc. it will work
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2020 01:30
Hi Ian,

The documentation does mention about Windows publishing and including the media folder : https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/50_windows.htm
IanDunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2020 09:07
Cheers... and I stand corrected, but might be nice to also add it to the help in the software itself under distribution..
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2020 16:59
You can compress an agk .exe with a exe compression tool as well. I've cut the size by 80%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:32:18