Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / about 3d particles

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2020 09:29
Hello everyone and sorry again for my bad English.
Let's see if I can explain what I need in case someone can help me.

I would like to make an explosion with 3d particles in a ring.

I would need to know how I can make only one shot of particles that form a circle and move away from the center and as they move away the alpha decreases to zero to make them invisible.

is this possible with agk? because after 1000 tests I think I'm either an idiot or I don't see how to do it

Thank you very much, to the whole community that you always help the clumsy like me
using AppGameKit V2 tier 1
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2020 20:02 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2020 11:39
You're probably talking about the Praxis effect https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praxis_effect

I'd simply create any number of particles at the center of the emitter, give them a random angle and move them accordingly, ignoring one axis so they move in a ring formation.

I don't have much experience with the AppGameKit 3D commands, but I wrote some code so you get the idea how it can be done.
This code isn't very flexible in its current state, but it's just to show the principle.
It features 1000 simple spheres exploding in a ring around a cube. Each sphere will change its alpha value during the explosion, and will be deleted after a specified lifetime.
You could also delete the spheres after alpha reaches a value of 0, or just check both. Really depends on what you're planning to do with it.

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
pamercomov
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2020 12:00
thank you very much PSY. Although my first idea was to do it with the agk 3d particle emitter, I will have to give up and do it as you say.

I think it is the best option if the performance does not drop much ...

time to test !!!
using AppGameKit V2 tier 1
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2020 12:49 Edited at: 24th Dec 2020 12:50
something like this? (see attachment)
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2020 13:56
No problem.

If you need many particles and have many explosions simultaneously, you might want to use the internal particle system.
It's probably single-surface-based and much faster ( one mesh for all particles ).

Or use a ring-like model like smallg proposed.

It really depends on what you wanna do.

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:01:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:01:59