Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / [SOLVED] AGK PlugIn and Raspian -> Serial PlugIn

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2021 19:10
Happy New Year All!

Just a quick question if anyone has used the #import plugin options with Raspian and AGKPi?

I was hoping to use the SerialPlugIn to communicate with an Arduino from my AppGameKit Project / Application.

There is a Linux64.so provided with the plug in so will be starting with that - thought it prudent to ask if anyone else has tried something similar.

Best Regards,

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2021 05:36
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Update..

Ok, so have used another method - using wiringPi functionality.

I simply now use RunApp to send data via a small compiled c file app.. eg.. RunApp( "agkpi_send", "1" )

This then creates a log file of the data response, which can be opened in AppGameKit as per normal.

Not the prettiest of solutions, but it happily talks to an Arduino NANO via USB.

Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2021 12:05 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2021 12:13
Quote: " Just a quick question if anyone has used the #import plugin options with Raspian and AGKPi?"

As far as I know the regular version of AGKpi has no plugin support. (But AppGameKit Linux x64 version does)
BTW: Neat solution!

Because you already have some sort of compiled c file, try to use socket comunication in order to speak to your program directly

https://www.binarytides.com/socket-programming-c-linux-tutorial/

Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2021 20:39
Hi Jack,

Have it all working see above - Arduino & Pi & AppGameKit all talking to each other.

I'm now creating a few more 'add ons' ( C applications, that work alongside AppGameKit on the Pi ).

Thanks for your interest though,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:13:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:13:21