Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Any plans to add UI functionalities?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2021 23:17
I'm using Classic right now, and I know it's unreasonable to expect many new functionalities for it but... Is there any plan to implement UI tools in Studio? You know, windows, buttons, scrollbars, tabs, menus, toolbars, text boxes etc etc.

It's one thing to code a health bar and some simple buttons into a game, but I think we can all agree that having to code a full windowing system from scratch is quite another thing. It's kind of an essential tool to build apps...and seeing as this is called APPgamekit... you know Plus, some types of games are built around this type of thing, like strategy games for example.

I see there's a feature request for it in the issue tracker on github but it hasn't received any love in over a year and it seems to be completely ignored by the devs...so...hmmm...yeah....
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2021 03:12
You might look at this by MadBit though it is a plugin so it may only work on windows and possibly linux so no mobile. It uses the nuklear ui library. But nothing is built in.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/226909
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2021 04:08
Hmm! This definitely seems to be doing the thing I want the thing to be doing. I got me a nice little window with some buttons and a scroll bar going up and down like it's going out of fashion. Yay!

Thanks for the suggestion!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2021 08:40
If you're looking for a mobile solution there's also OryUI: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/223719

It's been designed more for apps though and not games, but you can/should be able customise things a little like buttons and dialogs to make them fit more closely with the style of your game. It has a progress bar widget as well, which you could use for health bars.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:15:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:15:46