Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Museum of Lost Art – Gardner Gallery

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2021 18:09 Edited at: 5th Jan 2021 18:24
This app is a "virtual museum" where you can view and learn about the artwork stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston in 1990.

Currently working on a more ambitious survival horror game for Windows with AppGameKit, but this was a short side project last month. This is the first phone app I've ever published. Made it in about a week. I'm a DarkBASIC transplant from years ago and love AppGameKit. Hope more improvements and capabilities are down the road for phone and desktop development.

Free / no ads.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueherbsoftware.mola_gardner_gallery

Sorry iPhone users, not paying that developer fee to publish this experiment.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2021 05:57 Edited at: 6th Jan 2021 06:08
Its a shame they had a chance to recover those and blew it. (they are gone forever now)

Cool idea

I had similar thoughts awhile back and started making 3d models of historic art that is in the public domain.

Even used them as the dynamic entities to run some scripts, even though they just hang on the wall in all their static glory.

These "virtual museums" are a great idea for educational VR experiences. (especially with lockdowns... every museum should have one )

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
fancy music
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2021 23:29
Nice virtual museum. It runs well on my android. Good job on the lighting setup too.
I wish i thought of a better name when i made this account :/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:39:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:39:24