Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [SOLVED] Character visibility script help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2021 07:09
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi guys i am using fps creator about 2 years but i new to forum so please help me. is there a way to make invisible character and increase character visibility when player press a key.like characters only can seen by turn on special vision or something like that???
Sorry for my bad english

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2021 22:13
Hello SP and welcome. To make a character "invisible" use the setalphafade=x command. Since you have some experience with fpsc first look at your characters appear
scripts ( appear1 & appear2 ) Note the use of the command setalphafade in the appear2.fpi script. See how it goes from 0 to 100. That means it "fades in" the characters texture/appearance.
So in the characters Main Ai script you can set its alpha fade to something you want.
Another method is to use the Alt-texture command. All entities can have an alternate texture ( it can be a blank/tranparent texture to mimic being invisible ) The alttexture can be triggered
with a simple key press command, action or anything you want.
If you want to have the ability to "adjust" its transparency then the alphafade is a better solution.
best,
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
SP creations
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2021 14:10
Thank you i will test it
Sorry for my bad english

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:57:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:57:45