Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Code properties window popping up randomly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2021 16:41 Edited at: 13th Feb 2021 17:19
I'm having a weird issue I never had before. The Code Properties window keep popping up randomly, and then disappearing just as randomly. Happens at seemingly random intervals of about 20 -40 minutes.

For now I've disabled code properties in the preferences...but any idea why this would suddenly start happening? Anybody else had that happening?

[edit: I'm using 2020.11.12]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2021 18:04
Dunno. I'm currently wondering why the help panel on the right seems to occasionally refresh itself if I don't use it for a while.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2021 18:37
"The ways of the IDE are mysterious."
-Confucius
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2021 19:10
Quote: "The Code Properties window keep popping up randomly, and then disappearing just as randomly. Happens at seemingly random intervals of about 20 -40 minutes."

I have had this happen, its caused by comments on the same line as an argument depending on the formatting, the IDE scans the file looking for tags to send to the properties window and sometimes it gets confused with with stuff and thinks your comment is a prop so pops open the window and then cant read the out of format values..... hard to reproduce but does happen.

I guess when writing a system to scan a user generated file for specific tags its hard to anticipate every possible combination of characters a user will enter, there is bound to be glitches here and there.
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2021 19:56
Hmmm. That does seem to make sense. However I have some doubts as I've seen the problem happen when AppGameKit was idling on my second display while I was off doing something else in another program. and thus not changing anything to the code at all. I've also seen it happen with code that had absolutely no comments. I've docked the code prop window into another panel and the problem seems to have stopped, at least for now. Hard to say. It's not a huge problem in the end but it's still kinda weird.
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2021 23:29
This was happening to me as well, and the Enable Code Properties check wouldn't stay off after restarting program. No answers for you tho, new PC and fresh install here so haven't seen it since.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:35:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:35:44