Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Puzzle Classic (win, mac, ios, android, amazon, linux, html5)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone,

I have created a new game aimed above all at helping people with autism: the classic puzzle.

Thanks to AppGameKit I was able to create a version for every media that agk supports: windows, mac, ios, linux, amazon fire, android and html5 (great!)

It was a very formative experience and I hope you enjoy it as an initiative.

link: https://andysproject.org/puzzleclassic.php

Let me know what you think.

Thank you
Armando

Attachments

Login to view attachments
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With reality.
Posted: 24th Feb 2021 16:36 Edited at: 24th Feb 2021 16:39
Wow that is really nice!!!
The graphics are cool.

Question.
Is each Puzzle predefined by size of the pieces?
Or you can change the difficulty for the same puzzle making it harder / easier.

Cause i am wondering could you actually fit a 1000 piece puzzle in it ?

Could you like upload any picture and turn it into a puzzle? Maybe print it later on on a canvas (after finishing) where on the actuall real printed canvas you would see the brake points or the 0.0001 inch gaps between each piece.

I know alot of people that finishes puzzles and then hang them on the wall.

(Taking a picture and turning it into a puzzle could really up your app) like litteraly any picture
Edit:
I just took at your website, thats a really sharp and well informed website. +1 from me.
Nadav "Haliop" Rosenberg
Lets make the world great forever.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2021 21:50
Nice color combinations
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 00:47
Very slick. Well done
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi haliop787,
Thanks for your post.
To answer your questions:
- yes, the difficulty of each puzzle is defined both by the number of pieces (you can choose whether to play with 4,9,16,25 or 36 pieces) and by the various options present in the preferences (for example the automatic coupling, the visual aid in case you miss the box 3 times, etc. etc.)
- Yes, the engine in theory can manage an infinite number of pieces, until the resources of the device on which it runs are exhausted.
- "Puzzle Classic" was designed for mobile devices and originally I had foreseen the loading and use of photos but after some tests it was clear that it would not be possible to make it because the processing times of the puzzle pieces were very long (android about 40/50 seconds, ios 10/20 deconds) making it unusable, so I chose predefined images (20) creating all the static resources I needed.
- Nice idea to print it, if I create a spin-off only for pc / mac / linux I will definitely insert this option.
Thanks for the appreciation of the site and for your feedback, I appreciate it very much.
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you george++,
I started from a template by modifying it with the Adobe suite trying not to overturn the original concept too much.
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you blink0k,
for a programmer, as we all know, the appreciation of one's work is always a reason to create new software by transforming dreams and ideas into bits and bytes
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With reality.
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 10:22
Mendo.
If you want i guess i can do it in less then 10 seconds. No matter the amount of pieces. Regardless the platform it uses.

This is my email Nadavros3787@gmail.com
Nadav "Haliop" Rosenberg
Lets make the world great forever.
tboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 18:47
HI Mendo,

Well done on a professional looking product, a great example for AppGameKit.
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks tboy for your post,
I really appreciate it and hope to always create better games for the andysproject.org project.
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi haliop787,
thanks for your interest i sent you an email.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 14:16
congrats, mendo. very well done.

can you direct us to material that might guide us on what to include or avoid when writing games for an autistic audience?

there are a couple of points that i picked up @ https://andysproject.org but hoping there is someplace that offers a bit more, in general (doesn't have to be game-specific info).

thanks for sharing
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comment Virtual Nomad,
To answer your request, I live the world of autism from the inside so I simply observed the interaction that autistic people have with devices and computers, adding details that make it possible for them to use the software as well.
Trivially "Puzzle Classic" was born because I could not find a single puzzle game suitable for autistic people: expensive, full of advertising, complex and unclear graphical interfaces (for them), music and effects are not suitable.
To give you an example, in "Puzzle Classic" a fundamental point is the autonomy in starting the game and restarting it: it was enough to insert the animation of the play button that captures the attention and allows this autonomy.
Another example: during the game often and willingly, autistic people who use the games present on the various marketplaces, involuntarily press buttons on the screen that interrupt the game (preferences, return to the menu, etc. etc.). In "Puzzle Classic" I bypassed the problem by using the classic prolonged pressure of the keys which in any case warns you visually to keep it pressed; this precaution avoids the involuntary interruption of the game.
These are just a few examples.
I plan to create the "Making of" page, so that I can share the guidelines I used in "Puzzle Classic".
If you want to participate in "Andy's Project" you are welcome, you are all welcome!
Thank you
Armando
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2021 09:30
Great looking game.
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Zaxxan !!
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2021 19:00
Very polished and nice looking game. Congrats!

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Mendo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you PSY!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2021 02:33
mendo, making sure that you're aware of the forum's Private Message system. IE, the bell in the top right should have a "1" (or more) next to it where you've yet to view the PM that i sent a couple of days ago. click that or THIS link
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:51:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:51:22