Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [SOLVED] Allow player to switch maps in game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am running into an issue with several maps I'm working on when it says they are TOO LARGE. So what I was thinking is to Modify the Office Pack Elevator Script so that instead of it teleporting you somewhere e;se on the map, I could split each level into its own map.. ie when you use the switch in the elevator it takes you to Area51_Level1.fpm, Area51_Level2.fpm, or Area51_Level3.fpm..

Is something like this even possible? and If so would the objectives for each floor reset every time they switch floors? ie 3rd floor rescue Scientist may reset when you switch to 2nd floor to access the server.

Im new to this type of scripting, but have experience in VB script, C++, and few other languages. Just don't know the limitations of this scripting language.

Are there any good resources to help with like maybe list of possible commands and syntax?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2021 10:13
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hello PsyCoh, and welcome
Quote: " list of possible commands and syntax?"

Yes, the full syntax list is here on this forum near top... https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/180924
Breaking up a map like this into parts and making each level would not be a good idea, as loading times are long with fpsc.
If your going over the 1.8 gig max limit with a map, have you tried removing your Cap Limit in the setup.ini?
Which version of fpsc are you using? V1.20 or BIM? Look in your setup.ini file and switch "systemmemorycapoff=1"
Set to one and you can go over limit

** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
PsyCoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 4th Mar 2021 06:10 Edited at: 4th Mar 2021 06:11
Quote: "switch "systemmemorycapoff=1" Set to one and you can go over limit"

note that it can also make the game a bit more unstable and will not run in 32 bit systems.
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:22:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:22:17