Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Books of Splendid Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2021 16:42 Edited at: 18th Mar 2023 10:00
Deleted Post

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 15th Apr 2021 03:36
Is it anything like Magic The Gathering ?

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2021 14:43 Edited at: 18th Mar 2023 09:58
@fubarpk Apart from the idea of using spells and magic to drive the game narrative, not really
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2021 04:21 Edited at: 22nd May 2021 04:28
is this AppGameKit? i saw python but no bytecode. DBPro? (consider AppGameKit as HTML export?)

does it autosave? i leveled prestige and expected another collection? is there a reason to level (beyond, well, Prestige )?

otherwise, once i got to a point where i didnt feel the need to click-click-click, i was able to relax and enjoy .

thanks for sharing

just noticed a small graphics issue:

hard to see but there's a column of "white" (1px-wide?)
[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]

Attachments

Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2021 15:08 Edited at: 18th Mar 2023 09:57
@Virtual Nomad Thank you for the feedback, it is very much appreciated.

The original version only awarded a new item to the collection after the player had prestiged. The current version now adds to the collection via random drops from orbs (about a 25% chance) which will add a random item to the collection. I felt this would give the game a little more replay value in trying to complete the collection. It is possible to complete the collection without ever prestiging, but prestiging does give you a change of scenery The game does auto save on close and progress should be retained between play sessions. No "offline" mode has been implemented though.

The graphical issue is interesting and something I will need to look at. On my monitor the black GUI panel runs all the way to the bottom of the game screen (see attached image) and the white line is there to add separation from the main gameplay area (on some levels the background is a little darker, so I thought this helped the GUI be more distinct) . Interestingly enough, the white line use the command agk.get_window_height() as does the black GUI panel, but the black panel stops short of where it supposed to.

The game started out life as an AGK2 Classic project, however, the perennial lack of asset protection in AGK2 was always going to be an issue, and, surprisingly, support for very large numbers also became an issue. I therefore moved the project over to AppGameKit for Python by Adam Biser. AN HTML release would be nice, but I think at this stage it would be a very hard task to refactor the code back to AGK2 basic.

EDIT
Testing at different resolutions It seems that agk.get_window_height() sometimes gave the correct and intended result, and sometimes not. As mentioned above, it worked correctly for the 1px white divider line, but not for the black info panel. I have therefore swapped this command to agk.get_virtual_height() which seems to work consistently. It would seem that this issue is inherited from AGK2 which has the same behavior. There was also a small unrelated bug where clicks would not register at the very bottom of the screen, this has now been fixed. A new file has been uploaded to the project page. Once again Virtual Nomad, many thanks for the feedback.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:13:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:13:56