Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New login system doesn't keep me logged in

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2021 02:21
Despite the age of my account, I rarely login to this forum because I just stay logged in. But lately, it seems like I have to keep logging in every time I visit. Nevermind the new popup window to login that doesn't even go away or forward me back to the page after I do manage to get signed back in, but a few failed login attempts and I can't try for AN HOUR!? That's really annoying. And I tried to login using google but it says that I'm banned until december 3020!
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2021 17:47
Have you tried manually changing the cookie expiration? I have my browser set to clear everything when I close it so I always have to login anyway.
LukeChester
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Minecraft, Subnautica
Posted: 23rd May 2021 12:09
I also think that this problem can be resolved with manual cookie settings. And it may sound very traditional, but installing the latest version of your browser (or using another browser) can help. If you log in to the forum with several devices, it also may cause this problem.
And I never had to deal with a banned Google account - I'd contact the support team.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2021 16:23
It hasn't done it for awhile so maybe it was just a weird cookie issue. When I tried this I was on my work computer, the browser stays up to date. But I'd still like to know why I can't use google to login
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:19:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:19:00