Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Looking for Segment Kit or Editor Tutorials/Video Tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I remember seeing some video tutorials on creating your own segments.

I already got the starter ones included in the Segment Kit download which is 6 videos.

I am looking for other advanced stuff, particularly in creating floor and other segments.

Appreciate any help.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2021 22:23
Hi DBUser Here's a link to Firma V2 download. Its very good at making custom segments using your own textures. Simple and straight forward to use.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/116899
Scroll down a bit until you see the Firma V2 download link.
As for the Fpsc Segment Creator kit, Starmind3D still has it on his website for download (getting old tho now)
https://starmind3d.weebly.com/fpsc.html
You'll need to grab his download launcher and download from that. But, he has everything you need/want in his "tools" section
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
DBUserX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks ncmako! These are great resources.

I still need to find video tutorials like how to create staircases, mezzanine floors and building exteriors.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2021 22:37
DBUser I see, those are of a different nature. Your going to have to learn how to model a staircase and/or your own custom builds.
Or do you mean ( by building exteriors ) the segments for buildings?
But the floors, that's just a plain old "re-texture" of an existing floor. FirmaV2 can do that easily with your own textures.
Firma can do floors,walls ( inside or out) all your doing is changing the texture of an existing one.
There are a whole lot of tutorials on Youtube for fpsc, I have a bunch myself.
DBUserX
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Or do you mean ( by building exteriors ) the segments for buildings?"

Yes something like that. FPSC (X10?) supports outside scenes or levels like streets or small outdoor areas if I'm not mistaken. I remember testing some levels out a while back.

So how do you create buildings particularly modular ones with rooms?

Are there any particular 3d tool for modeling FPSC rooms like this one?

I would assume that there is a sizing guide or master template to follow so they are fitted with other creations in some way.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2021 19:04
DBUser FPSC X10 is no longer usable, even if you find a copy somewhere. FPSC X9 works just fine with outdoor or indoor levels.
For exterior buildings in a scene use low poly entities like from the "City Packs" or the "London Pack" #46. The "Office Pack" has lots of good interior stuff.
Only use full segments and build up an interior for the buildings you plan to enter. The rest is just for visual effect.
Most of the old FPSC Packs are stiff available for free. This link goes the Black Ice Mod with links to download the packs.... http://www.blackicemod.org/download.html
The summary list of packs is in lower right hand corner. Start slow, grab a couple city packs, layout a little city block and a building to enter made with segments.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:21:37