Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / Bug: Editboxes don't work.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2022 21:40
Using editboxes on a raspberry pi 3 B doesn't work, I can't input text or delete characters. Also, even while a box is active, input is not blocked to the other input commands such as GetRawKeyReleased(key).
andromedapps.com
Leo Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2022 21:15
Has anybody else used editboxes on a pi and did they work?

Is there a place I can report bugs that will get noticed by the developers?
andromedapps.com
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2022 07:31 Edited at: 6th Sep 2022 07:35
bug reports go here: https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues

obviously it's best to confirm with others before reporting which i know you're trying to do but this particular board tends to get overlooked/gets little traffic.

any chance that you use discord? if so, you may have better luck HERE.

otherwise, feel free to report it @ the github link.
Leo Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2022 14:55
Thanks. I had noticed a similar post from a few years ago with the same problem, but there were no responses either. I have added an issue on GitHub as I feel it is a rather basic and important feature.
andromedapps.com
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2022 23:03 Edited at: 30th Sep 2022 23:25
revisiting this and:
Quote: "even while a box is active, input is not blocked to the other input commands such as GetRawKeyReleased(key)"

being Active (as you advise) and having Focus are 2 different things.

ie, Active simply means it can be selected for input. Focus = "currently accepting input" into the editbox.

does your editbox have focus while you're trying to input?

then, there's no reason that i can think of to limit input solely to the editbox when it has focus so i would want things like GetRawKeyPressed/Released(), etc, to be fully functional.

if you're checking for such things, you can prompt whatever you might want to happen when they occur (or choose to do nothing).
Leo Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2022 14:04 Edited at: 6th Oct 2022 14:12
Quote: "does your editbox have focus while you're trying to input?"

Yes. And yes, I did mean focus.

Quote: "then, there's no reason that i can think of to limit input solely to the editbox when it has focus so i would want things like GetRawKeyPressed/Released(), etc, to be fully functional."

I thought it blocked input when I've run AppGameKit on Windows, but I've checked it again and was somehow mistaken!

This possibly isn't related, but when using the GetRawKeyPressed/Released() commands returns nothing when checking for the return key on Raspberry Pi, while other keys such as the space bar, do work. I have run it on Windows for testing, then run it on Raspberry Pi with the exact code so I am sure that the code is correct.
andromedapps.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 07:49:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 07:49:04