Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / :)Need help with Virtual interface design from scratch ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2023 11:52
Hi guys, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, first time here and don't know where I should post.

I would like to find out, how to go about making/drawing in Ai/Affinity Designer w/Programming from scratch in step-by-step instructions or books or any detailed information on Virtual instrument control interface(like FL studio/Kontakt/Steinberg )that mimic real hardware in software and would like to know if it can be programmed in C# and or Python, etc, So basically I want to draw real instruments from scratch in one of the programs I mentioned above inc programming and mimic real device?

I have been searching for instructions, information, books etc no luck at all ...please point me in the right direction and books if you can guys thank you.

I have attached a couple of pics to show you what I would like to be able to achieve except on a smaller stage more like the last two pics to start with....I hope someone has the answer or answers in this field...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2023 02:00
I approach it by layers, in your case each knob button would be its own animated graphic. I typically use photoshop shapes and styles to build up something like this:

Then I duplicate the moving layers and rotate/adjust to create animation frames relying on Photoshop to adjust the drop shadows and bevel lighting for the shapes automatically.

This works for me but there are a million ways to do it, just a matter of getting started and figuring out what doesn't work for you.
Automation on Steam now!
Score Table Jr. on Google Play!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2023 17:21
Search the forum for UI or GUI design, several of us have made examples on building controls and whatnot. The buttons would be separate images displayed above your base image. A command lets you set the sprite depth to control this.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda
Pixel-Perfect Collision

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:10:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:10:47