Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [LOCKED] Is AGK being discontinued?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2024 17:34
I need clarity on this.

Don't mean to create a storm here, but I'm in the process of releasing a commercial game and need to know if I have to start looking for an alternative.
On February 16th I put on the forum that we need an update for iOS SDK to go to 17, but no answers.

I wanted to register it on Github, but that has disappeared.
I see speculation on the forum about AppGameKit going open source. There hasn't been an update since the Android SDK update, so I'm worried that my game will be stranded on the appstore.
And the same would happen to google the next time they want a new SDK version.

Thanks,
James
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2024 18:51 Edited at: 26th Feb 2024 19:09
Hi James, no one really knows for certain. I would advise that you email Lee or Rick at TGC, they may be able to give you the reassurance that you are after.

The last I heard was that there was going to be 4 updates a year for studio and that the source code would be released on GitHub for community participation, not open source as TGC would still own it. Lee has already started to build the repo for this and that is why the old repo is no longer available so I assume this is while he sets up the new repo.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2024 21:51 Edited at: 27th Feb 2024 02:56
locking this as any news here isn't going to supersede the last official news that some can't bother to read or don't want to hear.

as zaxxan said, the new repo is being built. so, if you can't wait for that to relieve yourself with, contact TGC directly via the contact form vs posting messages for TGC staff on the forum.

i'll also add to this that TGC has their own apps written in AppGameKit such as THIS on both google play and the app store that are regularly updated and remain compliant with respective requirements. ie, they are deeply vested in AppGameKit whether everyone realizes this or not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 20:37:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 20:37:29