Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Can my Classic AGK code (tier 1) be loaded into AGK Studio?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2024 15:13
Hello Everyone,

I hope some of you still remember me, I have a question about AppGameKit Classic (or AGK2) compatibility with AppGameKit Studio..

Can I simply import/load my Classic (AGK2) code into Studio? or will it require a ton of rewrites?

I hope the answer is a simple 'Yes'.

Thanks in advance for any replies. Cheers!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2024 16:43 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2024 16:46
yes. all Classic commands are in Studio (which has a few more that classic does not).

i havent done much in Studio but everything i've brought into it runs fine/as expected. BUT, others have experienced graphics-related issues (i'm remembering a recent issue on Discord where draw depths were an issue while they relied on creation order for depth vs manually setting text/sprite depths).

i've also been told that some of the Games Pack games have issues when brought into studio but i honestly can't see how any of the "issues" couldn't be resolved relatively easily.

so, "yes" (and studio doesn't require Scenes which just generates Code, if you're wondering) but potentially requires a little work to get things "just right".

and, glad to see you again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 04:15:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 04:15:36