Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Abduction - My unfinished Alienware game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 04:56
Due to being too busy working for last few months my Alienware game is rather incomplete to say the least. I'll enter what I've done so far but I only got as far as having you run around a large virtual matrix shooting aliens that beam down in UFO's. I'll try and add in as much stuff as possible later today in time for deadline.

No download yet. Will supply one later if anyone that interested (which I doubt )

Bottom right piccy is of ingame editor.

Boo!
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 05:29
looks cool, and fun

i like the way you captured the picture of you firing a bullet at the darkbasic pyramid, rich will be soo pleased

goto my website for tutorials, demo`s downloads and more
http://www.darkcoder.co.uk
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 05:31
Lol

The game does look nice, too bad you havn't been able to finish it.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 20:11
i`d just go for bronk and seen it in. you still have 110 min left to upload it

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 21:50
Just uploaded it. Just interested to see what position in final rankings I get. Added a fair bit of stuff today and so there is actually an objective now to collect 10 objects.

At least I now have a better understanding of putting together a big proggy and how sprites and things work. Will probably now scrap the game and start again doing things properly and more organised. Also important to get a good matrix/object editor up and running early on in project to save doing lots of manual repetitive stuff that is boring and hard to debug.

Boo!
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 03:12
Have updated my website (http://www.dbhut.com) if anyone wants to download the game. It's only 3MB. It's my first ever game so don't expect too much!

I am predicting I'll be in bottom 5% of compo results but at least I actually entered something.

The 'engine' behind the game is all my own handywork and is basically a large map which is 300*300 tiles with the textures, normals and heights stored in an array. The game takes place on a matrix 79*79 tiles and as you move from tile to tile, the matrix is shifted and the edges updated from the matrix.

Objects are just placed in 3d space and are hidden when out of sight to speed up fps.

The engine handles full sliding collision on hundreds of objects which can be at any angle or they can be moving or rotating and they will push player about. This is while simultaneously handling full sliding on the matrix to stop you going up steep cliffs. If you fall off a big cliff you will auto go down path of least resistance.

The aliens are beamed in from ufos which pick a grassy area to land.

You can shoot up to 10 bullets at once with bullets not going through objects or matrix hills.

Once I tidy up the source code in next few days I'll post it so anyone who wants to can take a gander. The game also has the matrix level editor built in so you swap between game mode and edit mode at any time!

Boo!
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 03:59
this is very good. it a bit hard to find all the green blocks. but the level is real cool.

--Dr 0--

orv
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 18:05
cool screen shots! I like the idea of the in-game editor!

If you aim at nothing you'll hit it every time. 806mhz AMD Athlon Processor. 384MB memory.
Windows XP Home Edition. RADEON 9700 Pro graphics card. - editor.exe=1.0.6.1 - DBPCompiler.exe=V1.05

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 15:31:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 15:31:54