Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Editor annoyances

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 21:53
1) As soon as you select or copy stuff from 'Assistant' window, then cut and paste in main edit window fails. Surely an easy fix.

2) As soon as code reaches 10 lines, 'gutter' indents by 1 character. Why?

3) Why is there a 'window list' drop down box when only one edit window can be open at any time. Why can't I type in some code and run help examples at same time? (at least old db editor had 2 windows)

4) Can Help / About option show current version so I can be sure the patch I just installed 'actually' installed.

Other than these minor quibbles, everything is great!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 22:04
Ditto sonic.

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2002 01:25
3: You only seem to be able to work on one project at a time but you can include multiple .dba files in your project. That's what the drop down box is for. You can store some functions in a dba file for example and include it for use and it shows up there. Click the files section to add more dba files to your project.
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2002 02:26
i know what you mean, i like to have a few windows open at once while im working and not necessarily of the same project especially when im copying reusable code, i wish the editor would support multiple document handling! I also wish the help box would let you do a 'ctrl-c' to copy stuff from it! pressing that button at the top is,.. well,..annoying.

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
Khumba
Years of Service
User Offline
Ummm... On my comp you can have more than one file on the screen at once... On the far right of the menubar, demaximize the window!

Another problem is that I can't use Go To Line to go to any lines after the start of the first function!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:14:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:14:47