Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / jaPROe 1.4.1.5

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 10:58
A new version is available on my site -> IDE

Fixed some bugs
changed the find-function
some internal changes

Should work on most systems

GALACTIC X - A very early demo is now available - comments very welcome - http://www.angelfire.com/droid/galacticx/
also my IDE - jaPROe and some snippets
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 21:20
Ah - I've come to make your life a misery again

A) When trying to compile without a project, I get an error about not being able to find DBProCompiler, and a window saying 'Compiler Error/Code'
B) The help tab section on the right-hand side says the 'Page cant be found'

Finally, have you put in concatenation in yet ?

The place for all great plug-ins
2 x XP3000+, 1Gb RAM, nVidia FX5600. 1 Draytec Router and me.
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 13:11
@TCA
Oh, you make my life a misery....
Ok, I´ll check this ... maybe tonight

Quote: "B) The help tab section on the right-hand side says the 'Page cant be found'"

When did that appear? Are you using TPC-commands?

Quote: "A) When trying to compile without a project, I get an error about not being able to find DBProCompiler, and a window saying 'Compiler Error/Code'"

About Concatenation... can you explain it to me, what it should do?
(Didnt understand the idea and the concept in the standard editor yet)
If it isnt to complicated, i´ll include it in jaPROe

GALACTIC X - A very early demo is now available - comments very welcome - http://www.angelfire.com/droid/galacticx/
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 18:16
Quote: "When did that appear? Are you using TPC-commands?"

It'll be easiest if I put a screenshot in here later.

Quote: "About Concatenation... can you explain it to me, what it should do?"

Concatenation allows multiple lines to effectively create a big line, so for example :

box 1,_
2,_
3,_
4,_

during compliation becomes

box 1,2,3,4

This is important as I use it a lot...

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2004 11:11
Ah, ok, I understand.
That should not be too difficult to implement.
I take it on my todo-list.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 11:51
I'll stick a screenshot of the other problem on over the weekend - been too busy to do it earlier unfortunately...

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 20:37 Edited at: 9th Jan 2004 20:38
Here are the pictures. The bit of interest is the help column. With no project loaded its empty :

The second is when there is a project :

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 12:55
Hm, can you tell me where your cursor is (Over what word, expression etc.)
The autohelp act depending on the word/expression the cursor is in.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 13:33
I think it was to the left of the REM statement on the first line.

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2004 15:18
Hm, did you copy the `keyword105+.ini` into the editor/keyword folder?
Did you unchecked or deleted the other (original) keyword files concerning the native DBPro Commands? (TPC-keyword are fine..)

Seems the problem for me.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 12:30
Must admit, I cant remember - I'll check later on.

2xXP3000+,1Gb RAM,FX5600,1Mb ADSL,Router,.Net 2003 Pro & me
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 20:31
Yes, done both of those - the help files still cant be displayed.

The place for all great plug-ins.
XP3000+,1Gb RAM,FX5600,1Mb ADSL,Router,.Net 2003 Pro & me
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2004 09:39
Ok, last try...

Open the jaPROe.pref. The sixth line should start with "HelpPath = " and then a path to the help-files. Check if it is the right path. If not, change it manually. I think it was my fault, I added the wrong file to the installer...

Will check and maybe fix this in the next release.

Tell me if this was the prob.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2004 21:38
Yes, that was the problem - I had to change it to :

C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Help\

The last backslash being important.

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2004 09:55
@TGC
UFF, a stone is falling off my heart....

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2004 23:09
One thing fixed

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 12:10
Yes, but I have a long list of things to fix and change...

Currently I working on my game-project. If I finished this part, I´ll continue on jaPROe...

I seems that you are the only one who even look at the IDE (dont know if you using it...)
I would be interested in knowing if other (and how many) have had a look at it (or even use it)...

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 12:26
Oh yes, I certainly use it. Use the others as well...

waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 23:32
I generally don't try out editors because it took me awhile to learn the default one. I did try a few others, but had to switch back to the default one for one reason or other. The main obsticle is I write code alot and use DarkEdit to open single .dba files and use the default editor to open .dbpro files. Switching editors alters my file ascotiations and simply frustrates me.

sorry, I'm rambling on here...
I use PB alot with its default editor...
If the PB forums alot of people use Japbe and it seems stable.
How stable is it with DBC and DBPro?
How difficult would it be to offer support for DBC and DBPro and PB
at the same time? would each version need to be in its own folder?
Does this work well with the DB/DBPro debugger without a loss of source code failure like is common with the default editor...
Your editor looks good, but I have so many questions that your website does not answer.... How does Japro list included media files and so on.... what do I need to know to manage laguage updates...

internet gaming group
current project http://home.comcast.net/~norman.perry/Archon.html
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 00:30
Probably would require a lot of work.

Oryaaaaa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 11:19
Is it the same as the editor who is using it with PureBasic?That was very impressed. This is also the same. It uses it for the time being.

My Developpaer Language (2003)
1st PureBasic (2nd)
2nd DarkBasicPro (1st)
3rd ActiveBasic (3rd)

GameSpace is being studied.
waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 12:48
How do I "properly" install this thing?
I wanted to install it to a "custom" folder and it failed to locate DBPro compiler stuff. Could you write a "setup" app or tutorial on how to manually configure japro?

The part I liked best (so far) is it did not change any file setting.
.dba still opens with DE while .dbpro opens with Editor.
The layout looks fine, there was no editor help stuff explaining what each area was used for or how to configure....

Yea, I know, I wanted Point - Click ... New editor
But you do need a feature list or some kind of docs...

internet gaming group
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 17:44
Ok, some answers. I´m not the coder of jaPBe. jaPBe is freeware, so I took the version 1.3.10.10 and changed some parts of it to fit it to DBPro.
It only supports DBPro. You cant use it for PB or DBC (in fact you can, but the SHL, compiling etc. will not work)

You cant use the same folder for jaPBe and jaPRoe, cos some things are quite different.
For me (i have not heard many bug reports - maybe because there are no or no one use jaPROe...) it works fine. Compiling and debugging (with the limitation of the DBPro debugger).
There is a compiler option, where you can include media files. There is no media preview at this time.

@oryaaa
No, its not the same editor, its a conversion of it. (see Help/about for that topic)

@waffle:
The setup: Normally it does it automatically. It is a bug, or more an error by me, that is doesnt (later for that).
two ways to fix that:
1. open the file jaPRoe.pref in a editor and type in the correct path to DBPro. There are 4 Pathes saved here:
DarkBasicPath
CodeBasePath
HelpPath
DefaultDirectory - the names should be self explaining...

or 2. delete this file. jaPRoe should then start to search the pathes by itself. (My eror was that I didnt delete this file for the installer, so it installs the file - with my settings - and didnt not search it on your computer...)

You can make the file association manually in the preference-window, if you like, but it does that not automatically, thats right.

The features: I added a (very poor) list of the features (under HELP - features and known problems...). I would have a good documentation, too, but I had no time for that to do. Also a translation of the language file would maybe nice (for jaPBe are existing about 6 language files) - under LANGUAGE is a prog called translate. This will show the original english textfile and offer a easy way to translate it. (if someone translate it, it would be nice if they could send it to me, that I can add it tot the next release... and the same for a documentation.)

Generally I have to say, that I wrote /convert the IDE cos I love it to work with jaPBe. Then I thought that it would be fine to use it for DBP also, so i started to convert it. I liked most the possibilities to fold things and make own folds. This will improve the readability and for me: finding a piece of code to change fast.

For me it seems that only a few people are interested in jaPRoe. (except of TCA and dreamflower) I got no bug reports or opinions.

So last but not least: I work actually on my large project with jaPRoe it it runs fin for me. I (and TCA, dreamflower) found some bugs and things to improve. I´ll do this next month and then release a new version.

also my IDE - jaPROe and some snippets and tools
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 18:09
Ok, I try to explain some of the important but unusual things.

jaPROe adds to each file at the end some lines where it wrote the compiler settings in. You can see these lines, if you open a dba-file written with jaPRoe in a standard editor, in the standard IDE they are not visible. So all project settings are saved here, if they are different then the standard ones. You can create project file with the FILE/SAVE PROJECT AS. If you include files to a main file (do this under COMPILER/COMPILER OPTIONS (or the icon) it opens all the settings. In the tab INCLUDES you can include files. If you right-click these files, they open and set the compile-this option to the main-file name. If you press F5, the icon or COMPILER/RUN then jaPROe alwys compile the file which is mentioned in the "compile this" gadget at top of the dialog. here you can also manually change what file jaPROe should compile. The according project file is created by japroe.

Next you can save a file list. This is a list of the open files. (jaPROe does this automatically at the ane, so that ir can recreate the last files open when new started.) But so you can create other lists.

THE TABS
The codebase: 1 click open the file in the editor box. here you cn change it and save it. if you click a file double, it will be pasted at cursor position. The book-tab show your function, jumppoints and bookmarks (you can create a bookmark with `- or `{- the lst one will also make a new userdefined fold. This will be closed with `}.
A title (no bookmark, only remline in different color) is made with `/
The other tabs show you all (whatsoever) you have in your code. click on them will add these word in your code (click on a label will add: Gosub <labelname>

Colors and many optins can be set under FILE/PREFERENCE
(here you can also change the DBPro path... btw)

Under the tab KEYWORDS you can select, what keyword files should be used. (Notice: There is a keyword file keywords105+.ini, use this and uncheck all other keyword files - except these for TPC´s)
Under INCLUDES you should include constant files - a bit buggy this time (not to say this doesnt work at all...)

jaPRoe is plugin-able. The plugins are made the same way as plugins for jaPBe (in fact that not all plugins made for jaPBe willl work with jaPROe). See the jaPBe documentation for details. maybe I add it to the next release.

I hope this will help a bit...

Cheers

waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 19:09
ok, got it going now....
Also found out that I need to "make an app name" not just an exe name
before the app would execute after compile.

Also , robs editor is offering preprocessor derictives that I may use. I'll tinker with this one awhile and see how I like it with my other projects.... I like the help window too.

Configuring this editor may take awhile.... I spent about 6 months with the PB editor before figuring out which things I really need in the tool bar.... Usually just MSPaint,NotPad (for my todo list) and links to various web sites (API support)

internet gaming group
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2004 22:51
@Dostej: I just wanted to say, that I work with jaPROe, too .

God is real, unless declared integer.
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2004 11:31 Edited at: 30th Jan 2004 11:33
@ D man
Thx
It gives me a bit more motivation (and sence) to work on jaPROe... if I know that 3 other persons make use of my work, too.

btw: Do you have any bugs found or suggestions for improvement?

btw. with the next release I upload the code on my site. Till then I mail it, if any1 want to have it... (jaPROe is under the GPL...)

@waffle
Quote: "Also , robs editor is offering preprocessor derictives"

Can you tell me what these preprocessor derictives are?

D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2004 15:52
Well, some of the bugs I found may be already known by you.
Firstly the most obviously bug is that syntax-highlighting does not always work properly but that is of minor importance to me .
Then I've found the bug that "Dot Product Vector2" is not highlighted. Thirdly another minor bug is under find; "Goto line" is written twice.
When I compile and run a project which I opened after I ran jaPROe, then the compiler fails to create the correct *.exe and does not run anything.
Then I have to go into the compiler options and browse for the exe manually.
I think your editor does not like relative paths .
Other than that I really like your IDE because you thought about many details .

God is real, unless declared integer.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2004 22:53
Quote: "Can you tell me what these preprocessor derictives are"

It defines which parts of the code are compiled (or not), for example.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 00:59:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 00:59:14