Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Password Protection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a code for a password protection.The wrong thing about the code is it show the password, don't hide it with asterisk .

Right-click this links to download the media

http://www.mymedia.bravehost.com/media/arfimative.wav
http://www.mymedia.bravenethost.com/media/negative.wav

Is just of those days when you don't wanna wake up everything is *****, everybody sucks you really don't know why, but you wanna justify rippin' someone head off!
that dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 00:33
when it is time to enter in the password, you could turn on the sync and go to a seperate do-loop. then, rather than using the input comand, you could use the inkey$() comand. each time a key is pressed, add a inc a varable that controls how many strisses are shown on the screen. then save whatever key that was pressed to a slot in an array. once they have entered in the right amount of digits to the code, convert each individual number to a string. combine them into one variable and then convert that single string back to numbers. then check it for accuracy and all that stuff. I'm not going to include any code because you have a rather unique personalized coding format and it's alwayse a pain trying to read the coding of others.

good luck

the left side of my head isn't bigger, the right side is just smaller
that dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 00:36
soary. forgot to tell you what that is for. that will make it so that *'s are shown instead of the password that they type in

comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
The code was for the "bank" what I made http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=22726&b=6
.Thanks for the help

Is just of those days when you don't wanna wake up everything is *****, everybody sucks you really don't know why, but you wanna justify rippin' someone head off!
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a real-time password input for you

Enter "hi" and press enter

Dual AMD Athlon MP 2x1GHZ | IBM 15000Rpm SCSI 73.4 Gb X 2 | e-GeForce Ti4400 | Audigy 2 + 7.1 Surround sound | 17' Monitor | Ugly mouse
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.I'll put it in my code.I just wondering in a string variable I can store number too?
like this

realpass$="comando300"

comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh.I put the Piratss' code to mine.
Look

If you can make it smaller or easy.Well,post it.

comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Opps that's not the code
It's

If you can make ot smaller or easy.Well,post it

that dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 23:58
why do you bother giving them the optiton of changing the password if your just goin to tell the program to change the password back to "commando" everytime they run the program again

comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
I know,I know,but this just an idea.Then you can use open to read, read long, etc... commands to the program save the lastest changes

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 22:49
Why is it called 'protection' if the password isn't stored, read, or even encrypted in any form?

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I know,I know,but this just an idea.Then you can use open to read, read long, etc... commands to the program save the lastest changes"

This is just for the people borrow it.And put it their programs then they can make changes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 05:05:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 05:05:26