Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Sprite Collision - DBP acts differently to DBC..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 18:44
Hey all, Rich/Lee, that includes you ! The Sprite Collision in DBP is rotated box only, not pixel perfect, but DBC was pixel perfect ? Is there a plan to change this in the next patch, or (even better) have a switch to choose a collision type for sprites ?

I've nearly (for once) got a 2d game together and there are tons of sprites on screen and its white hot at the moment, I'm worried that the next patch will change the sprite collision and will cause a performance hit.. any comment ?

p.s. I have math box/box-rotated/circle 2d collision on stand by, but I'd like to use (and continue to use) the DBP commands, meanwhile, if anyone has a PP .dll/routine they want to share I'll gladly put their name in lights (well, in the credits if the sprite collision isn't changing over the next patch or so)

Thanks in advance.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 20:21
...anyone got the scooby on the future of sprite collision?

Cheers
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 10:11
Sprites in DBPro don't support pixel perfect collision because the sprites are 3d plain obj. and it would be slow as hell if it checks the pixels There won't be a patch for that! That's for sure.

TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
wtf is DBC?

If life gives you a lemon, shove it up a water gun and squirt it into someone's eyes!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 04:35

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:03:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:03:37