Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / problem with colorkey

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2004 23:23
I have a problem with colorkey and inages.

I was using a alpha channel to block out what I did not want from my 25 line image files but these files were 3mb each. I need to display up to 25 different lines on my screen. When I use colorkey I do not have a problem with straight lines but if the lines go diagonally then there is a fuzzy mess looking like flowers next to the parts I wanted displayed. This areas is about 20 pixels and cannot be accepted.

I have made a zip file of about 600k with all the files to show the problem.

email me at peter@tccgaming.co.za should you require me to email the problem
Any ideas

Thanks

Peter
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 02:39
Look up the load image command in the help files, there is a flag to turn of MIP map filtering.
--
TAZ

PeterLewis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 04:52
I did try loading the image with both the texture flag at 1 and 0. It did not change the result
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 19:31
Are you useing a lossy format like jpg to save the images?
Perhaps posting the code will help someone see the problem.

dbpro : 2ghz p4m : 512mb : geforce 4 4200 go
PeterLewis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 01:24
Ok I have solved the problem

I looked at the origional files that I used with were BMP files with Alpha Channels. These files were very big. I looked at using PNG format but according to Photoshop CS and previous versions PNG does not support Alpha channels.

I then took the same BMP into Macromedia Fireworks and opended the same file in Photoshop. I went to the Alpha channels in Photoshop and copied it to the clipboard. In Fireworks I added a mask and then pasted the Clipboards alpha channel into Fireworks. I then went to the preview option in fireworks and changed the output file to PNG-32 and saved it.

Files I had in BMP format each one about +- 9MB are now +- 1Mb and work perfectly. I saved in total over 140 mb of graphics space

I hope this info helps someone

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 00:25:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 00:25:20