Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / 20 line Adventure game in DBC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 21:12 Edited at: 13th Jan 2004 21:16
Ok folks, while I get my .com back on-line (silly liquid web hosting!!) and upload the Nonks program, I thought I would try my hand at a 20 line challenge, so here it is.

http://hstrial-ssomeone.homestead.com/DL.html
(Sorry about the host, its only temp)

The Game:

This is an “Adventure� game which is loosely based on all those good old 1k Spectrum/ZX81 games of yore.
It is a totally random playing game, and the idea is simply to move the player down the pathway avoiding any monsters, and perhaps finding some gold.

Obviously, the game is not really adapting to what you do as it is all random, but to those who dont know better it appears to be doing different things depending on which direction you pick.

The game took an hour to do, so its not optimised, and I am sure that you will be able to modify the code and add some features to it.

Things to do:

Well, you could try adding the following to it…

# A battle sound.
# A death sound.
# An inventory.
# Extra “Pick-ups�.
# Code to let the player fight back.

And a proper win screen too would be nice!

Other info:

The graphics are 179k in size, so it is within the 200k limit, however, I did take the liberty of leaving in a couple of other “monster� icons for those of you who want to play about with the program and add different monster attacks to the game, but remember that these are not used in my program and I included them solely to help anyone modify the game.

The 2 download links are:

Forupload.zip ===== This has all the files in it and the source code too.
20lineadventurefin.zip ===== This is the EXE file. A note on this: Using Windows explorer (or whatever file manager you like to use) rename the file to 20lineadventure.EXE
I had to send it as a .zip file as this temp host will not accept any .EXE files.

The program is in Dark Basic Classic.

Finally:

Here is a question for Richard Davey (or anyone who could answer me)… In the Forupload.zip I have placed a program called “20lineadventureerror�. It is 20 lines, but on line 7 it errors without giving any error message.
I looked at this line for sometime and eventually gave up searching for the bug, so Richard, can you tell me what is causing the error please.

Ok all, that’s it.

Enjoy the game and let me know what you think.
Reaperman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 00:06
TransWorld....

Of cause there is "proof", the dbc code is in the download zip! LOL
And no, I have never gone to the other site, in fact I did not know about it till you just posted about it.
Kwiki Mart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 00:58
cool for a 20 liner but not my cup of tea.

On target, On time!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:51:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:51:58